1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Damn that looked like it hurt you ok?

·
Parts Pimp
26,464 Posts
There's a couple sick double apex turns at pocono where we are on the gas super hard in a full lean. The brand new track surface defies common sense! For the 2 seconds you were on it with that knee down must have been glorious tho!

:YEA

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's a couple sick double apex turns at pocono where we are on the gas super hard in a full lean. The brand new track surface defies common sense! For the 2 seconds you were on it with that knee down must have been glorious tho!

It was a blast, until it came to that landing!

·
Reads the rulez
2,236 Posts
Which back protector? Isn't that specifically the type of thing they are meant to defend against?
They are designed to prevent bending your back in the direction it's not meant to bend in. In a crash like his...well, short of landing on top of a trampoline with a piece of air fence on top if it, ain't nothing gonna prevent a landing like that from hurting like a bitch.

·
wat?
722 Posts
They are designed to prevent bending your back in the direction it's not meant to bend in. In a crash like his...well, short of landing on top of a trampoline with a piece of air fence on top if it, ain't nothing gonna prevent a landing like that from hurting like a bitch.
I think that's an overgeneralization re what all back protectors are designed to do. I have the following: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/527/10648/Motorcycle-Article/Joe-Rocket-Speedmaster-Back-Protector-Review.aspx

I can believe the hard shell ones could help prevent back bending, but I the soft TPro based ones are not going to do much. Although for all back protectors, I've always seen them advertised as diffusing impact energy (just like a helmet does) as the primary purpose.

Your point still stands that there is a limit to how much energy any thin back protector can absorb. Without one, could easily have been worse!

·
Zap Rowsdower
18 Posts
Wow, sorry to see about your injury. Hope any pain is gone at the end of your recovery.

It's a little hard to tell from the video, but did the break happen from the bike hitting you, or just the angle that you hit the track?

·
Parts Pimp
26,464 Posts
Knox, the one that goes down to the tail bone.

Damn man. That's a HARD hit. The Knox is very similar to the Forcefield in design and IMO they are the best for absorbing impact. I hit a tirewall back first and was thrown 6 feet in the opposite direction. Felt very little of the impact and just heard a dull thud.

I agree with some of the posts above in the fact that when you get your salad tossed like that, its gonna HURT!! Fractures are better than shattered vertebrae :fact

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Damn man. That's a HARD hit. The Knox is very similar to the Forcefield in design and IMO they are the best for absorbing impact. I hit a tirewall back first and was thrown 6 feet in the opposite direction. Felt very little of the impact and just heard a dull thud.

I agree with some of the posts above in the fact that when you get your salad tossed like that, its gonna HURT!! Fractures are better than shattered vertebrae :fact

:laugh Man, I don't know what kinky shit you're into, but when I get my salad tossed, it doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, sorry to see about your injury. Hope any pain is gone at the end of your recovery.

It's a little hard to tell from the video, but did the break happen from the bike hitting you, or just the angle that you hit the track?
I was from the impact.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts