Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Matts R6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man can anyone give me a strait up answer? im looking to put a shorty or under tail exhaust on my 08 r6s but there is a limited selection, iv also heard that 03-05 r6 exhaust will work but no one is 100% can someone let me know what what will work and some links for some ideas thanks

·
R stands for RaceBike
9,022 Posts
i dont think there is a undertail exhaust for the r6 (i maybe wrong) but i know people take the r6V stock pipe and use it for a shorty but there is so moding you'l need to do to make it work

heres a link to the shorty http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70794

·
Theturtle7023
1,102 Posts
I don't know how short you are looking to go, but I have a R6S with the two.six.zero LOR gp style exhaust. It is pretty short and sounds great. I'm new to the forum so I'm not really sure how to post a picture of what it looks like.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Hotbodies made an undertail exhaust for the 2nd gens...looked like caca though...

·
Matts R6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think i'm just going to go w a shorty but there aren't very many options like i said. i think iv found one cheap one like 60$ not really what im looking for, looking to spend 400 ish carbon fiber preferably. i know the 08 r6s and r6 are totally diff, looking for someone who had the same prob finding a shorty exhaust and what they ended up doing? please send pics, make, model, etc please help!!

·
Matts R6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im looking to go pretty short, kinda like the the newer style stock exhaust, in that size range. thats the look i want but something after market.

·
10,295 Posts
Have you looked at the LOR shorties for the S models?

Dakota11 has one on his bike and he swears by it...

Ninja edit: Did see home skillet post about the LOR above...

·
I <3 my R6
170 Posts
Yes, the 03-05 exhausts WILL fit on your 08 R6s.

If you want a shorty, there's the HR1 Riot exhaust and Olson performance exhaust.

I had the HR1 on my 03 R6, it sounded pretty bad ass.

This is what I have on it right now.

·
Matts R6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah that sounds good but im looking for a shorty that bolts to my foot peg or the heat plate, don'T want one that bolts up to my stock exhaust mount on the passenger foot peg.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I know a couple guys have made some of the shorty exhausts made for the 06+ work with some modification, or you can buy an HR1 or Olson specifically made for it.

·
Matts R6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i just checked out that olson thats what im looking for, how does is sound? And are there any other manufactures who make something similar ? maybe a more well known manufacture? never heard of olson ,how are there exhaust?

·
Matts R6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i just checked out the olson on youtube, it sounds pretty good, i like it better than the LOR also checked out the werkers, dont really care for the looks of that. If there are anymore exhaust u guys know about please let me know, looking for carbon fiber but gonna go w the olson if i cant find anything else.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am 90% positive if you reeally want a carbon can you can get one made for an 06-10 and make it fit, but u will have to do some slight modification as described in the 03-05 shorty exhaust thread. I would link it for you but I'm on my phone right now.

·
Matts R6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey bros i need some feedback tryin to make a decision about what shorty to go with? Olson,werkrs,Gytr or any others u know of please let me know

·
10,295 Posts
Not our bike to make that decision bro...theyre all about the same as performance goes...just pick the one that you like the best...

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
yeah man, for the money the LOR is the best sounding exhaust you can buy. I love mine, and loved the HR1 too, which is a shorty, but it fell off one day last spring going down the rode. If you wanty carbon fiber, their 359, but if you just want the solid black like I got, its only 299. Only exhaust I can think of cheaper is a Jardine slash cut. But the performance of a LOR is really great. I can't imagine what you could do with a dyno tune for it

·
Matts R6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah i know i just want quality ya know, best bang for my buck, just tryin to find someone w a little more exp than me w some good advice

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Well if your only considering shorty, the LOR is obviously not in that category, but out of the 3 your mentioned above, i would look into the Werkes. Heard many good things about it. And you can even look at modifying your bike into putting on a 06+ shorty exhaust, like others on here have done.

·
Matts R6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i checked out the LOR but is wasn't a shorty like i was looking for unless they make another that i didnt see send me some links

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
The only shorty LOR your gonna find is for the 06+ R6 unfortuntely. Trust me I was hoping they made one for our R6s as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts