Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first post just like to say hi to everyone and i think this is a great site. Now im planning on purchasing a bike in april or may of 2004 as were i live in Newfoundland and our winter is soon coming so ill have to wait tell next summer. So I have always liked the r6 and am thinking of getting one according to a few reviews i read the r6 comes out on top over the cbr 600rr and gsxr600 any suggstions on which bike would be a better buy and any horsepower specs on any of these bikes and should i jump into such a bike right away seeing my last motorcylce i was on was 4 years ago and any ride tips would be good. Thanks.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Get an R6. It's super rider friendly. Or I find it to be. And i've never riden before. They're beautuful. Mind you... the new 600RR is a pretty sweet ride too. But! The seat... Like sitting on a concrete step.
I've seen HP ratings anywhere from 100 to 105 rear wheel ponies. But dyno runs are kinda sketchy anyways. I think the Honda has more hp than any of the 600's this year. Then there's the 636 Kawi. I've had a few friends ride them and they were overly impressed with them. I haven't riden one so I don't know.
If I was buying a new bike it would be a Yamaha or a Honda.

Alden

·
Registered
504 Posts
If you plan on commuting with your bike I would get the r6. It is by far the most comfortable of the 600's I have rode.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I am going to go with the R6 just trying to get some feedback on what other people views of the bike and other bikes are.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Good choice, don't know if this is you rfirst bike or not, but the R6 is excellent

Lots of power, easy to ride, not too uncomfortable

The best 600

·
Registered
831 Posts
The first accessory you need to get is a r6-forum.com sticker! $4 and it is yours. I have silver, white and blue on hand. PM or e mail me if you are intrested.

-DJ1298 :mrgreen:

·
Registered
504 Posts
HA

Yeah man... that's what I thought too. "I'll wait till the winter and then I'll get one, maybe even at a cheaper price." HAHAHA, I was wrong, I'm getting mine this week... it's the R6 man, once you catch the fever, it doesn't let go. Liken to a virus the R6 is... and a good virus it is too!

-Solace

1 - 8 of 8 Posts