Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update: just realized my bike has aftermarket headers. Thought it was stock until I realized it doesn't have the box underneath bike inline with header pipes.

This May be a first but looking for the best low to mid range slip on for my 01. I am not really concerned with top end performance because this isn't a track bike. Who knows there may not be such a thing as a better low/mid range slip on. Looking for the most torque available. I have done the sprocket chain conversion. I know you get what you pay for which is what makes me Leary about the 14" delkevic. I can't afford graves or akro. I do plan on jetting the carbs with factory pro stage 1. Going to go back with oem air filter as that seems to be the consensus for the gen 1 bikes. I learned my lesson by not doing enough research and going with the k & n and the worst mistake of all - Coffman shortie. I just don't want to cut any more corners. I want this bike to be up to its potential and the exhaust plays a big part along with the carbs.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I have a Yoshimura RS-3. Not sure what a full system would get you on a first gen, since there is not cat or anything between the headers and muffler. honestly, its probably all sound, so get something that you like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts