Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I put on new levers, windshield and flushmounts. also powdercoated the exhaust rearsets and pass pegs. I noticed last nite that the bike will not start in gear with the clutch in, it will only start if I kick it into neutral.. and yes the kickstand was up :D. It started fine with the clutch in, while in gear before I did the mods. any ideas would be great

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
You might have shorted the safety relay or the fuse when doing your flush mounts. Did you disconnect the battery before you worked on it? I am just taking a stab in the dark. I do not know much about electrical crap.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
if your the electrical sorts. check your kickstand switch (continuity). if that goes out it will only start in neutral.

If your not then just bypass the switch and connect the 2 wires. If it starts in gear with the clutch in...then thats your problem.

Anyone correct me if im wrong.

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
When changing levers did you dissconnect or misalign the switch on the clutch that tells it the clutch is in? From memory it seems like it is a microswitch that could get pushed off to the side and also the wires just plug onto stabs on it and could work loose.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys thanks I figured it out on a little trial and error today while riding..I guess my new clutch lever doesn't pull enough unless it is adjusted out..theres one through six adjustment and it will let me start it in gear with the clutch in with the adjuster on 3 or above..seems a lil weird but hey it works again

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
You should be able to loosen the switch and move it slightly so that you can start it in any adjustment. It mounts by two screws on the bottom part of the perch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts