Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the hell is the name of the piece of plastic that runs along the bottom left and right side of the tank? It looks almost like a carbon fiber piece of plastic but it isnt. It's right where your legs hug the tank when you are riding.

Mine broke right by where it bolts in under the main seat, the tabs are still holding it onto the bike fine, but it bothers me.

Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmmm.....I am looking on Ebay and can't find shit. If someone has a link to someone who is selling the "left tank fairing / left tank shroud" lol, please send the link my way...

until then I am going to keep ebay surfing...

Thanks to those who have replied.

·
Premium Member
30,431 Posts
HERE. (click)

it's the "59" part. (this is for the '06... simply b/c i had the parts page for this bike bookmarked... i'm sure you can find whatever year you're looking for though if this isn't the right year)

but there are "other" solutions to your problem... because you're definately NOT the first to encounter this engineering oversight. mine broke and i used gorilla glue ALL OVER that thing so not only will the glue hold it together, the glue is reinforcing the "joint" so i don't have to worry about it as much. i've seen others do "plastic welding" where they take an old soldering gun and, in essence, melt the piece back together (and i'll be doing this NEXT time it breaks)

(thanks to CEO for the nice pic of the weld on the SAME PIECE)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yup very common problem. Mine actually came off while riding so I had to buy another. If you go the ebay route just be patient. I got a replacement one for 9.99 around $15 total with shipping. Just yesterday one went for $41. A good way to find them is just do a search for "R6 Tank" and scroll through.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.