Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know its an often asked question but im really stumped on this one. I put new vortex rear sets on and changed my oil for the first time on this bike and afterwards i ran it a little bit but not a whole lot. then it sat for a few days, maybe a week, and everything was fine. But today when i went out to my garage there was a clear puddle under the bike. I checked again and again, it was definitely clear and has a slight odor to it that I cant for the life of me place. I cleaned up and took the bike out for a quick ride, everything seemed fine. I've had it sitting back in my garage now for about an hour and there is no leak under the bike. Should I be worried? what the hell could have happened?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only things that are going to leak from a bike are gas, oil, brake fluid, or whatever you are using for coolant. If it is not one of those I'd guess water condensation from the exhaust.
Now that I think of it when I took the bike out I noticed the pipe was putting out a good amount of white smoke. Not thick or anything but noticeable like the first time u run a new exhaust. I had to fiddle with the slip on when putting the new rear sets on. Could any of this had anything to do with it?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Now that I think of it when I took the bike out I noticed the pipe was putting out a good amount of white smoke. Not thick or anything but noticeable like the first time u run a new exhaust. I had to fiddle with the slip on when putting the new rear sets on. Could any of this had anything to do with it?
Could be. Sounds like water vapor burning off not actually smoke. Sounds normal to me, I'd just keep an eye on it but doesn't sound like anything to worry over.

·
Just lean harder...
884 Posts
If you look at the underside of the huge cat under the bike you will see a drain hole near the rear. It was probly just condensation.

·
Reads the rulez
2,247 Posts

·
Reads the rulez
2,247 Posts
I thought only Raven R6's could produce unicorn semen?

·
iRun
33,226 Posts
If it is water and the puddle was from the front of the engine then it came from the drain hole from one of your ram air surge tanks.

If that's it, you need to clean the debris out of the surge tanks.
We already went over this man, it's semen. Case closed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.