Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
i hate the winter
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I put a m4 slip on exhaust on my 07 r6 and a K N air filter. I took it out rode it for about.. 120 miles. Everything is going good i turn down my road and i noticed my power seemed to be kinda sucky, so i was riding about 10- 15 mph cause i live down a dirt road and it came to a puttering stop then the engine light came on. I shut the bike off then turned it back on and then the light was gone. The bike still was kinda weak. About an hour ago i took my bike to a buddies house, i came back to the bike .. started it and it just shut off by itself after 15 seconds of running. Turned it back on and it was fine. I took off and the bike has like a hiccup when i accererate slow sometimes hard. What the hell is going on i mean i only have 3800 miles on it. Could it be the plugs? Can anyone help me out?

·
soooooo sweet
354 Posts
if it all just started happening after you put on the slip on and air filter then common sense says something in that process screwed up the bike. better take it to the dealership or another reputable motorcycle mechanic and get a work over. dont want to make a simple problem a HUGE one with a blown motor or something

·
Registered
196 Posts
sometimes you have to run a pc after you install an aftermarket pipe and filter.. try putting the stock filter back in and see if it runs better.

·
:toocool
1,151 Posts
when I put a K&N in my bike it also ran like crap, ditch the filter is what i would suggest or get a power commander

·
Registered
482 Posts
get a PCIII and u can even run a $hitty map and it will run better

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
yeah, your running lean buddy and your o2 sensor is dumping fuel to prevent engine damage. this is when the exup valve is good to have is when you run without pc3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts