Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running the Bridgestone Battlax Bt002 Street/Track Day version tires on my 2007 R6 for track days. The pressure I've been running them at is 28psi front and 26.5 rear cold. I would like to find out what Psi should they be at when hot for optimal performance? :confused:

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am running the Bridgestone Battlax Bt002 Street/Track Day version tires on my 2007 R6 for track days. The pressure I've been running them at is 28psi front and 26.5 rear cold. I would like to find out what Psi should they be at when hot for optimal performance? :confused:
I used the BT002 Pro versions my last track day (Hard rear, Med front) and I rode 30 Front and 28 Rear. (Both HOT pressures)

Those were the pressure I got from a guy at a local shop that races WSMC and WERA with them.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used the BT002 Pro versions my last track day (Hard rear, Med front) and I rode 30 Front and 28 Rear. (Both HOT pressures)

Those were the pressure I got from a guy at a local shop that races WSMC and WERA with them.
I ran the Bt002 RS which is the street/track tire.

I had good sucess with 30 front 29 rear (cold pressure) at the track.

Thanks everyone. I asked the tire guys at the track and I ended up running 28psi front and 26.5 rear cold pressure and it worked out great.:toocool:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I went to the track over the weekend and the guys at Bridgestone were there. They said to start out at 28psi front and 26psi rear cold and my target temp was 31-32 hot for both.

·
Registered
233 Posts
yea, i plan on running these on the track but when i ran them on the street on curvy roads id be around 31 32. id just start at 34 n lower it to how i think its working good. but i went down 1 pound at a time front n rear n took a while.

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
It's a tough one with those tires. I started at 28/28 cold and the front was perfect but the rear cooked. It ran up to 35 to 36 hot. I added a pound of air to cool it down and it did not make a difference. I ran the next day 28/29 Which is technically backwards for tire pressures. The rear still cooked up to 36 while the front was still at the perfect temp of about 34. I was running about mid pack in the A group so I may have been running a little faster than the tire were really designed for. They had good grip for a couple of laps and then they would fall off very quickly getting worse each lap. By the end of the second day I had to quit early as they would not provide any grip. The sad thing was that the tires still looked as if they had plenty of tread left to run. They were shot from being cooked. These tires are perfect for a solid B group rider that is running a good pace. If you are an A group rider that is pushing in the middle to upper 2/3 of the pack in lap times they will just not be able to handle the stress. They need a lot of cold tire pressure to get the tire in the operating range but wil not provide enough grip unless you run the lower pressures. I still love the bridgestone bt002's as a street tire. they are to me superior to the the 2ct's which would not handle the faster lap times very well.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great info guys.:toocool:

I use them in the B group and work just fine.

I can understand how they cant hang in the A group.

·
Custom User Title
696 Posts
For what it's worth, I raced on the dot race version of the 002's for a bit, and found the tire was capable enough to easily win novice races. I believe I was running pressures at 34/34 directly off of the track. There are better tires out there, but it was plenty up until you start running competitive expert race times.

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
The tires held a great pace. I was running about a novice pace with them. I would use them anytime. I just didn't have any luck keeping rear tire pressures into the desired range. Could have been some suspension issues. Honestly I think that the tires just wont last 6 -8 sessions with a solid A grouper. A few races on the race weekend I think they would hold very well. They are definetly perfect for a solid B group rider. They will last all day and still get some use on the street.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
So I went to the track over the weekend and the guys at Bridgestone were there. They said to start out at 28psi front and 26psi rear cold and my target temp was 31-32 hot for both.
skeeter on this forum emailed bridgestone and they suggested to run the bt-002rs @ 31 front and 30 rear cold.
you got told the pressures for the bt-002pro. (the dot race tire) which does run that low. and works for me. butI tried to run the bt-002rs that low and they started tearing. I guess I am too fast for them.:D

as in tearing, I mean I was shredding the hell out of the rear... it was getting way too hot. as soon as I bumped the pressure up to around 35 hot, (which is about the target range when hot) they quit tearing.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was running the R/S and lowsided at Jennings on the 22. The instructors said I was running to fast for them. I was in novice group, but running as fast as most of the B group. My friend and I think they either didn't get hot enough or too hot. I'm going to use race tires next time

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
skeeter on this forum emailed bridgestone and they suggested to run the bt-002rs @ 31 front and 30 rear cold.
you got told the pressures for the bt-002pro. (the dot race tire) which does run that low. and works for me. butI tried to run the bt-002rs that low and they started tearing. I guess I am too fast for them.:D

as in tearing, I mean I was shredding the hell out of the rear... it was getting way too hot. as soon as I bumped the pressure up to around 35 hot, (which is about the target range when hot) they quit tearing.
YES, IT WAS THE "PROS" I STARTED THIS THREAD ABOUT. SORRY FOR NOT STATING THIS FROM THE BEGINNING.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts