Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm a new member, and a fairly new rider. i own a 2000 r6, and i'm fixing to buy a set of tires. does anyone have any idea's of what brand i should buy? :roll:

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've had a set of Bridgestone BT-010's for about 12 months & am very happy with them. They stick pretty good when up in the twisties & the wear rate is excellent. I've done about 4000 miles on them & theres plenty of tread left to do at least 4000 more.

I might go for something stickier next time though, maybe Bridgestone BT-012's (or BT-012SS) next if these ever wear out ????

I've also heard good reports from the Metzeler Sportec M1's as well.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I am on my second set of M1's. Last set I got about 3500 miles before getting two screws in the rear and one in the front. :cuss :cuss

On the current set I have got about 3000 miles. This includes 1 track day too. They were excelent on the track. Took about 1 lap and they were nice and warm. No sliding at all.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Dunlop is the best for your bike, but they dont last long

I just replaced mine with a Metzeler, got a great deal on it.

It handles great but doesnt seem as good for doing tricks

·
Registered
831 Posts
DiscountMotorcycleTire.com has a good deal on the M1's. I have bought both of mine from them and had great service both times.

Click here to see the prices.

Only $115 for the 180/55 and $86 for the 120/60(stock) $89 for the 120/70(taller profile). Then it is only $15 for shipping.

·
Registered
293 Posts
some of the guys on the r1 forum are saying that the r1 works better with rounder profile tires like perelli. i dont know if that is the same for the 6 or not. im sure just about anything will do just fine.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i ordered a pirelli diablo rear for my bike from discount motorcycle tire. then i found out that their shop is only like 40 min from my house so i just went down to pick it up. they installed it for me for 33 bucks so i only paid 151$ for the whole deal and the tire itself is usually 195-200$. i will def be dealing with them a lot!! :mrgreen: :jump

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just put on some Metzler Sportec M1 friday and going through 100-200 mile break in period. So far i haven't pushed it and have a long way to dip down on the edges but they seem good. Everyone in SF that is serious about riding recommend these tires. The guy at the shop said they dont last that long though. Sticky or Touring tire? can't have both

Anyway i had some dunlop 207 (stock, i think) before with the tread bottoming out and it slide a couple times when i downshifted at higher rpm.

·
Registered
308 Posts
just came back from some birthday riding at Alice's (4 corners), Half Moon Bay, Ca. Love them Metzlers!! Sportec M1 !!! Still in breakin period though. Feels like your glued and pulled to the ground.

·
Hey you guys, slow down.
1,347 Posts
I think you should get Pirelli Diablo Corsa III's

lets revive some more old ass threads for no reason :werd

1 - 12 of 12 Posts