Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the MSF rider course about 5 months ago and ill be going home for the summer in about a week and purchasing a used r6 for the summer. however I have not ridden since then, any ideas on what i could do to not make myself look like an idiot riding away from its previous owner or any other options ?? thanks

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
Have someone else ride it home if your not ready... Or just not care what he thinks as you ride away...You'll probably never see him ever agian anyways

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
have someone else ride it home, pick it up on a pick up truck or trailer, or find someone with a bike or even a dirt bike to get a little pratice and freshen up your skills .

i have rode bikes home for freinds picking up there first bike.... they were a little nervous about it or didn't quite have the skill level for a long ride home in the night . and i've used my F150 pick up too haul bike around a lot.

just don't do anything stupid, or ride beyond your skill level!!! always wear the proper safety gear!!!! and have fun, good luck!

·
Registered
313 Posts
+1 to the friend riding it home. I didn't have my license or permit when I bought mine so I had a friend ride it to my house. I'd gladly do the same now for one of my friends.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have yet to take my course (waiting on the confirmation) and I bought my R6 almost two weeks ago now.

I have never been on a bike before as this is my first one. I had my friend drive it home when I bought it. Since then I have put 53 miles on it doing laps around my parking lot (getting used to the "magic spot" clutch/throttle) starting and stopping and the main roadway through my condo association (leaning through turns as its a 30 MPH zone). :YEA

Patience. Take your time and know your limits.

:YEA :cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sounds good guys.. looks like im gettin a friend with a truck and pickin it up. haha. thanks for the feedback..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts