Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
chicken wings
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are going to England in July. We are from the States and I would like to know what there is to do? She has to go over there for work for two weeks. I will be there for one week. I wanted to go to the Moto GP race, but it's in Germany that weekend I'm there. Any cool motorcycle museums we could check out? What about F1 or GP shops to go to? We will be in Derby for two half days, then we go to Milton Keynes for two, and then we will be staying in London from there till the end of the week. We are in are mid 30's. Any cool pubs would be great. Some place were you can have some beer and the place not be slamed packed.

·
Lets go fishing4twisties
209 Posts
John pretty much covered Derby, and there's the Brands Hatch track down south, check out the uk trackday sites such as focusedevents.co.uk or hottrax.co.uk cos they offer special deals if you hire a bike and do a trackday. Its normally about £160 for one day on track and £250 for bike hire, but they will do track and bike (06 R6) all in for £300. You gotta do at least one trackday whilst your over here, but don't count on the weather too much though!!!!
Have a good trip.
Peace.

·
Registered
4 Posts
oh there's loads,
Quite a few racetracks around.

There's the ACE cafe in london - huge meeting place.
There is a classic motorcycle museum called sammy millers motorcycle museum. - in the new forest. Then you should visit my town and meet the bikers of my club, on the bike sunday, with a very good bbq. Huge burgers.

What part of the UK are you visiting?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts