Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i know its a little late to look for riding buddies now but i still am going to share my pain.

my roommate and i like to ride pretty much every day during the summer. Well this summer we ended up looking for more people to ride with cause as you know its always more fun to ride with more people. So we ended up driving around town for about 45 minutes looking for riders. We ended up picking up 6 other people and headed out to this road where we usually get some good solid riding in. full of good corners, big sweepers, tight technicals and good straightaways. anyway it takes us about 10 minutes to take the whole road in going at a strong pace and really getting in to the truns. Anyway to cut this down we let these people know what we were goign to do and we were off. so my roommate brett and I get to the end and stop. we wait and wait and wait. well about 10 minutes later the first guy comes through the last turn and tells us that they didnt know that we were actually going to ride and that they usually just put around town and do wheelies and "shit" as he put it.

anyway to get to the point, where do i find some quality riders not stunters or squids but riders in central wisconsin, I live in Oshkosh so someone please help!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I can relate. I have a nice road I frequent all too fast, but it is sooo fun. :mrgreen: I live in Green Bay and go to school in Milwaukee. Are you still riding? It's like 10 degrees here!

Rubber side down!

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
ya, I think its a shame to have a bike that does so much in the twisties to keep in up on one wheel all the time. I'd rather be on 1 knee than 1 wheel...... It's like my friend on his Duc748, he sightsees on it, albeit on good twisty roads but I always find myself having to slow way down and waiting for him to catch up. Besides, our 6's are faster than his bike!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I definitely do not ride anymore, i stopped about 3 weeks ago was my last little stint, and it was 50, I almost died :mrgreen:

there has to be someone on here that rides in central wisc. come on chime in.

jar1075 we will have to meet up this next summer and do a little riding. Itll be good.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Monostat, don't know where you are in Wisconsin, but next summer if you feel like takin a road trip down to Schaumburg, feel free. On any given night especially weekends, there is an average of 10-50 bikes at the Streets of Woodfield (the little strip mall right next to Woodfield Mall).

All types of riders: stunters, fast riders, twistie riders, the ones that squirt in and out of traffic on I-90 going a buck fifty.

They just leave in small groups and come back after a little ride.

I like it because i ride with all types.

Sometimes I go with the stunters and I can hold my own.

Sometimes out west to the twisties

Sometimes flying down the tollway to Rock and Roll McDonald's where bikers from all over the city and suburbs meet up.

Schaumburg is a biker town...

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yeah no shit! Most all of my friends are that way. They aren't too big of squids as far as just doing wheelies all the time, but they just like to dick around in town. Ya know, think they are going to get laid or something.
It pisses me off when i call them and i'm like lets go RIDING RIDING, they say ok, and show up without helmets and act as if i meant "cruise around"

Not very safe, but i usually end up riding by myself, or with one other guy sometimes. But i moved this fall so I'll have a different crowd of bikes to ride with im sure.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
exactly redline,

I just want to meet at someones house, fill up with gas and then head out to rip up some roads, not cruise around town looking for people to gawk at my bike, or go to an old farm house road and beat the crap out of your bike trying to do wheelies. dont get me wrong i have been known to throw up a nice stand up but i dont go riding specifically to stunt all day. I just wanna ride!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Monostat7 said:
I definitely do not ride anymore, i stopped about 3 weeks ago was my last little stint, and it was 50, I almost died :mrgreen:

rode about 4 days ago, it was 45 out. rode like a 1/2 hour-45 mins and called it quits, not only was I freezing, but it feels like the tires just dont get up to temperature...

<---also need to find some quality riding bud's next spring...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just got back from a ride at 11:00 30 degrees. I have got to find warmer gloves, (I use my exhaust as a hand warmer when it gets bad)

BRRRRRRRR

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
radandy said:
but it feels like the tires just dont get up to temperature...
Ya, found myself getting a little squirrely on the painted lines turning thru intersections tonight and it was like 40 degrees.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Monostat- I'm definately up for a nice riding session where we actually ride.

I've met some people that simply go to an old mall parking lot and stunt. I think that can be fun, but why bother with the best handling bike you can buy? My '6 does better on those fun twisties than at wheelies and all that. All I do is laugh at the people that wreck bikes doing wheelies into parked cars. Come spring, Ill be working on dragging my pegs instead of my tail. :mrgreen:

Rubber side down!

·
Registered
527 Posts
OK guys be careful with that cold weather riding. I personally don't ride in anything below 45 because of the back tire doing whatever it feels like doing. The road is always colder than the tempeture outside and if you have trees around you know how cold it gets real quick. This Georgia weather is at it again. Low 40s in the morning then 70 by noon. It really needs to make up its mind!!!

Blade

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Monostat- I'm definately up for a nice riding session where we actually ride.

I've met some people that simply go to an old mall parking lot and stunt. I think that can be fun, but why bother with the best handling bike you can buy? My '6 does better on those fun twisties than at wheelies and all that. All I do is laugh at the people that wreck bikes doing wheelies into parked cars. Come spring, Ill be working on dragging my pegs instead of my tail.

Rubber side down!
amen to that, ill be hanging around here all winter so im sure we can manufacture a ride come next spring. nothing I like better than spending a whole day riding my bike the way it was designed to ride :jump [/quote]

·
Registered
308 Posts
yeah there's nothing i hate more than meeting up with my friend to zip through traffic.

Waste of time, gas and money.

and its boring as hell plus none of my friends have enough balls to keep up and pass up a few cars. or maybe because they dont have an R6 :?: :?:

On another note i think the sensation of getting on the edge of your tire is nothing compared to throwing your bike on one wheel.

The smile on my face goes away a lot faster doing a wheelie than doing some nice twisties.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
jees, im not sure what you mean, but im sick of traffic, give me some open curvy traffic-less streets and ill be happy

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
jasamb said:
give me some open curvy traffic-less streets and ill be happy
Amen to that brotha! That's why we got to get a bunch of us to Deals Gap! Everyday when I come home from work, I think about that beautiful beast out in my garage and think about getting it out and flogging it hard the way it was meant to be. Then I put the inflatable hooker-in-a-trash-can back in there and bide my time until spring comes around and I can eat up the backroads turn by turn, mile by mile......

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
What Pen??? You saying you practice eating the curves on the trashcan girl? :hammer

·
Registered
1 Posts
Squids?

Yeah, it's real tough to find Non-Squirly kids now a days. Schaumburg is a riding town, but i see nothing BUT Squids. My buds and I get all suited up for a ride through Starve Rock, and these dudes start crying. There's this group of guys that we know that think they're cool because the ride to clubs in "Ruff Ryders" jackets and think they're the shit with all brand spanking new '03 bikes. They thought they were cool until one of them crashed their 600RR.

No one in Northern Illinois likes to ride with helmets. How's Wisconsin? I'm down for a ride up there, even now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts