Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, the name's Michael. im looking at buying an R6 towards the end of the month. i really want to get atleast an 06 and up. what should i look for in a used bike? such as something like the mileage. or what should i look for when i go to check out a bike?

anyways, im a car guy that wants to try out something faster! i currently am driving a '90 Plymouth Laser turbo...

much appreciated!

·
B4B
12,775 Posts
if possible the best thing to do would be to see if u and the seller can arrange getting the bike to a local shop to do a quick inspection of the bike. If not all u can really do is a visual inspection, check miles of course, check oil color to see if he has kept up with maintenance, check the tire tread depth (there is little indicators between the grooves of the tires that tell u how low the tire is on tread), make sure all the lights work, and if at all possible ride it.

Good Luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice to meet ya.. im really excited to get my first street bike.. ive been riding dirtbikes for 10 years and i have ridden my friends '89 FZR 600 so i think i got the most basic stuff down so i wont be such a newb.. haha

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
What he said, I would look for a bike with no more then 10-12K miles on it. If plan on keeping it for a few year. If you ride a lot you could put 10-12K miles on it yourself so you could have 20-25K miles on it which in turn kills the resale value. So you may want to find a bike with less miles. I try and get rid of my bikes when there is about 20K or less on them. If you find a bike that was well maintained and out of the rain you would find a good deal. Try: ebay or cycletrader.com

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
check for the obvious paint scratches on the bike= possible downed bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts