Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
Honestly try simple green, its like the best all around cleaner. Its safe on pretty much every surface you can think of and does a great job on cleaning crap off the bikes..

Ive used it on everything ive owned, (dirtbikes, cars ect ect) soaked the bike top to bottom with it and let it sit for a couple mins and hose off, and its never harmed a thing

·
Mmm Hmmm
104 Posts
soap and water works fine, or maybe even bike bright. Simple green is good stuff, just make sure you grease and lube everything afterwards. It takes everything off.

·
El Speedy Gozales
924 Posts
I have had 19 motorcycles and have been using "Lemon Scented Pledge" (buy it at Target or any store) on every one of them... I just cleaned my whole bike (08 R6 -frame, Wheels, swingarm, forks, plastics, windscreen etc..) and it shines awesome and works great.. Try it and you won't be disappointed

I only wash my bike when its really dirty, than I use soap and water with WD40 on the wheels.. after washing it I use the pledge and finish it off.. Usually after every ride I spray the pledge and wipe it down.. It works like Plexus does only better IMO and cheaper to boot..

·
Registered
749 Posts
Just a hose and water. Then spray it with Maxima SC-1 It will make anything look brand knew. I think its better than the Honda Polish and such...

·
Living between the cars
8,630 Posts
I take my bike to the coin-op car wash every Sunday and then finish it with Maguires Spray Wax on my entire bike except my two brothers can. I do this for two reasons. The first is that with the wax the dirt and grime especially bugs (from canyon runs) will sit ontop of the paint and have a less chance of scratching the paint. Second because it looks so damn sexy when your bike is clean like that.

I highly recommend maguires products. There is no reason to skimp on detailing supplies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts