Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys or girls wear in hot weather, do u still wear your leathers or do u just find it to hot with them, cause i wouldnt like the idea of getting on a bike with out a full set of leathers.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I wear all my gear. I don't have any leathers yet but I wear my JR Comet jacket/Speedmaster gloves/heavy jeans/hiking boots. No matter how hot it gets. If I think it's too hot for my gear I grab a glass of lemonade and chill out in the hammock till the sun goes down. LOL
A buddy of mine wears a Phoenix jacket and pants on the hot days but i'm skeptical as to the amount of protection they would offer if you were to have an off. I just can't imagine a mess jacket offering as much protection as a normal one. :-\
Our weather seldom gets too hot. It was around 100 with the humidty yesterday. Not too too often were get much hotter than that so wearing your gear usually isn't a prob.

Alden

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So on a really hot day and you have your gear on do you find it cool were you are riding or is it still hot.

·
Registered
531 Posts
If I'm riding to work, Helmet (of course), Jacket, Gloves, Jeans & boots.

If I'm riding the twisties, full gear no matter what temperature.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I always go out in full gear if you slide (lets hope not) you need the protection at whatever speed. I've been told it's not nice to get the gravel scrubbed out of your skin DON'T FANCY THAT ONE. So I'd say if you don't wear you protection take the car :stupic

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Helmet - ALWAYS
Gloves - ALWAYS
Leather jacket - 99% of the time
Jeans - ALWAYS

SHORTS - no...

:cuss

·
Registered
831 Posts
I always wear at least jeans jacket helmet, gloves.

But if I am going to the twisties it is full leathers, boots, gloves and helmet. :jump

·
Registered
5 Posts
what leathers do you guys have

if you don't mind posting them. i am a new rider, and am looking something between 350~200$ really dig the agv podium, teknics chicane, violator, and maybe the icon daytona hero. i am a size 38~40, hard to find sizes for me sometimes.

i personally don't like joe rockets, they are plain and everyone has them.

·
Registered
293 Posts
check out ebay man. as long as there are no rips in the jacket it will protect you fine. i have the yamaha leather and i love it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
hahaha, yeah i heard joe rocket is crap. similar to ICON gear they are design for looks and not really engineered for protection. Past stories i've heard was Joe Rocket leather sleeve slid up and the guy got road rash, and the sleeves unravel after a few weeks. The ICON gloves arent comfortable and shit fall off like the rivets and the stitching comes out.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
My Joe Rocket leather jacket has held up really well. It gets a lot of abuse.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I love my Joe Rocket Razor suit. Fortunately haven't had a sliding test with it, but looks and feels like it will hold up nicely. I've seen pictures of a guy that slid in his razor suit and he praised it quit highly.

Price was awesome. Right at 300 i believe from MAW.

Vents make it just fine on hot days; gets a little hot when just standing around in it.
nice and warm in cold weather also.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was wearing the joe rocket yamaha issue phoenix jacket when I hit the pavement at 60mph. those jackets are VERY protective, I left with 3 scrapes, one on my knee one on my ankle and one on my hip. non on my upper body. Im a believe in the mesh.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I recently purchased an Alpinestars V3 textile jacket, and I like it alot. Great support in the elbows, shoulders and back; also have Alpinestars Kevlar gloves, and a pair of ICON super-duty boots that are part of my riding regime...

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
If you crash with your textile jacket, you will have to throw it away. It will tear to shreds

·
Registered
106 Posts
Naaaa man i got a joe rocket ballistic series (u know the mesh ones )and i hit the pavement at 50 or 55 and it held up very fine .The mesh got fussed up allittle but thats it .Its perfect 4 those very hot days .belive me cause i live in hawaii where its very hot & humid!!!And i just got my icon titanium tip gloves 20 mins b4 i ate shit,so i dident really use them much to see how every thing will hold up. but they held very very good when i got my hand got dragged under the bike a bit. Im soon to get my leathers,and no matter what ,when i plan to hit twisties im putting them on!!!! :flame But i dont know , 4 that 20mins that i rode with them i thought that the icons where allittle stiff but i think i just have to work them allittle!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
836 Posts
I just ordered a JR Speedmaster 1-pc.

The lady who does the repairs and alterations for the local roadracing organization had pretty good things to say about the JR suits. She said to avoid Teknic at all costs. She said that Dainise is really good, and really liked the Z-Custom suits she has worked on.

Surprisingly, she said the Vanson suits she has worked on didn't really hold up any better than the other good suits she has seen.

She even offered to call my wife and encourage her about me starting track racing, since I mentioned my wife was worried. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I came off in jeans n t-shirt. Messed my shoulder up. Lucky i didn't need grafts but I still have a good white patch of skin on my shoulder after 9 months. Now i never go riding without my jacket on.

I have a Dri-Rider pirelli corsa. It isn't leather but it is tough with inserts. Has a removeable inner for Summer/Winter.

Im gonna get some Draggin jeans for riding. Just wear regular jeans now.

I have Gaerne boots but only wear them on fast or big rides.

Same with my leather/carbon gloves.

I'm gonna get some light gloves for city riding.

My helmet for the crash was a HJC one of the cheaper models. It did a great job. Messed up bad. So I now have the HJC LT-20. Very comfortable for my shaped head.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
well here in hawaii it does get hot and humid. this is what i wear:
to go to work;
arai rx7 corsair or agv helmet
joe rocket perforated blaster jacket or joe rocket phoenix 3.0 jacket
joe rocket speedmaster gloves or snap-on impact II gloves
levis jeans
work boots

to raise hell around the island;
arai rx7 corsair helmet
joe rocket speedmaster 2 piece suit
joe rocket speedmaster gloves
joe rocket speedmaster boots

i will wear these items no matter how hot it is. i sometimes ride around the block with no helmet, shorts, tank top, and flip flops. i know its stupid but its just a quick trip around a quiet neighborhood. i usually do it after i wash and polish the bike. i dont raise hell, just cruzin' around.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Shoei rf 800 helmet ALWAYS (new york state it's a law, but even if i went to ohio or something i'd still wear it)

dainese leather/kevlar gloves with one piece carbon fiber knuckles

Teknics chicane perforated jacket- it's awesome! it gets to be around 85 in the summer here, sooo hot! but once i get going this jacket is great. nice and cool. sometimes i don't wear my jacket when it's REALLY REALLY hot and i'm just riding around. but it's a must if i'm doing serious riding

i always wear jeans. I should get those draggin ones, but the only time I've seen them in person is Mid Ohio, and they didn't have my size (32)

I have leather Wallabee style iPath shoes/boots i wear too

1 - 20 of 20 Posts