Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OMRRA #79
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade for next season and I am wondering what all will convert over from my 06R to an 08R? And what wont?

Clip-on's obliously work but what about my rearsets,full Leo exhaust,PCIII, forks,rear shock, and wheels?

Also has anyone tried to fit 06-07 track glass on an 08+?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Everything but the Leo and PC3 are going to fit for sure, and the leo and PC3 probably fit too, but I would check.

I tried to fit 07 glass on my 08 and it didnt fly so I ended up getting 08+ race glass.

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
I had a 07 full leo system on my 08, some clearance issues with the air ducts on the stock fairings, but on race glass no problems. Not sure about PC III. I also have a 06 50th anni front rim and rotors on mine with no problems yet, i think shocks, forks are all pretty much the same.

As for race glass, am not sure, but u could try and fit them on, or just get a new set for the 08 :D

·
OMRRA #79
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything but the Leo and PC3 are going to fit for sure, and the leo and PC3 probably fit too, but I would check.

I tried to fit 07 glass on my 08 and it didnt fly so I ended up getting 08+ race glass.

Yeah well hopefully the Leo will fit but I am not to worried about the PCIII and glass since the glass is beat to shit and I need a good excuse it upgrade to the PCV!

·
OMRRA #79
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a 07 full leo system on my 08, some clearance issues with the air ducts on the stock fairings, but on race glass no problems. Not sure about PC III. I also have a 06 50th anni front rim and rotors on mine with no problems yet, i think shocks, forks are all pretty much the same.

As for race glass, am not sure, but u could try and fit them on, or just get a new set for the 08 :D

Right on, thats what I wanted to hear!!!:YEA

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
you should get new glass anyway....its good mojo.....:fact

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Hope its not like new leathers, I crashed on my first ****ing session in my new leathers this year!
:jacked

Forgot to roll around in the dirt prior to getting on the bike.
:laugh I kept my new leathers pretty on their virgin voyage.... but managed to burn the fcuk out of the inside of my bottom race fairing from my stock pipe....:laugh

·
OMRRA #79
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well at least it was raining and my leathers held up great due to the lack of friction!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts