Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Certainly I'm not taking that many more left turns than right turns..

I've tried to skate by the rest of the season with out replacing my front tire so I can have a fresh one in the spring.. but it's gotten pretty low.

But why is the left side worn more than the right? My bike tracks straight when I let off the clipons, it doesn't have any suspension issues that I' aware of, and I do my best to maintain proper air pressure.. So why?

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Roads have a crown in the middle so that water will run off to the sides. That may be causing your wear. Unless I'm looking at the picture wrong.

·
her name is Megan Fox
2,583 Posts
i have a few theories. :dunce:
1. more left hand turns, you must like nascar.
2. very windy and your always leaning to the left to comp for it.
3. the actual pitch of the road from left to right is sloped \ that way in the right hand lane so the standing water from rain runs off the road.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
had the same thing happen to my old set of Pilot Powers, i just replaced them

·
R stands for RaceBike
9,022 Posts
Whoolies and you land more on the right side of the tire?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I forgot where exactly I read it, but it's because you usually ride faster making left turns than right turns. Just think about being at a light.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
im still likn the highway turnback exit things
There's a whole mess of reasons that make this a not so great idea. I enjoy the on/off ramps a lot, but they are the greasiest part of the highway. Plus they always have guard rails and curbs. I've read more than a couple posts of people crashing on em.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't care about fixing it, more so curious about why it's happening. I'm not gonna go ripping up the highway ramps either - I've seen many go down on them. Oily, sandy, too many deadly obstacles to smash into..

I don't do wheelies either, so that wouldn't be it. It's probably from the crown in the roads around here..

We'll see what happens to my new set!

·
www.1seven1.com
2,063 Posts
Yup, for sure. The crown in the road. If it was worn while turning, it would be a lot smoother transition (like if you rode on a left-hand oval.

-D

** edit: I've seen cheapskates flip the front and run the other side, but I always figure buying new tires is WAY cheaper than rebuilding a wrecked bike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts