Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have to sell my baby after only four months of ownership, the only thing is I don't know how much to ask? I was thinking $7500, its a '04 Limited Ed. R6 with Yosh. RS-3 slip-on and a custom fender eliminator with led blinkers. I don't want to ask too much but I also don't want to loose too much, any suggestions?

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
best way to find out is to check places like your local classifieds and cycletrader.com to see what R6's in your area are going for. its a little different everywhere as to what they go for :cheers

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Try and get as much as you can back.....I always put a price that's a couple hundered over what I'm trying to get out of the automobile then always put something about your willingness to negotiate....I bought my new 04 for 7500 OTD so maybe you shouldn't expect to get soo much back unless you have only like a couple hundred miles on her.....

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Also don't forget to add with all the mod parts you added to your bike.
Like everyone mentioned, don't ask way too much but try to get your money back if you can.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yea, you shouldn't have trouble....
I love seeing the ads of the older R6s with x-number of mods done to it.... xx,xxx miles on the bike.. and then seeing a brand new bike with a fraction of the mileage on it for a few dollars more...

I've been looking for quite some time for the right 'deal' on a 6 .. and believe me, buddy joe-blow askin insane $ on his 2000 Champions Edition R6 with a page of mods and mileage to it hasn't sold it yet... his ad still has the picture with the winter snow around in the photo, and its almost August here.....

·
Bet on it
214 Posts
My friend just picked up the 03 Limited Edition with 1000 miles for 6900. Micron exhaust, fender eliminator, and 2 helmets.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
it depends on your area where u live how much u can get for it, down here in florida a new r6 goes for 8500$ so 7500$ is a good price.
:cheers

·
Registered
836 Posts
I would say $6500 would be a fair price. Asking $7k would be reasonable and probably get it sold in a relatively short period of time.

Considering that the buyer still has to pay taxes on it when they register it, that is really only $500-$800 below what you can buy a brand new one for. That is about 10% depreciation on a motor-vehicle, which is actually pretty good.

BTW... NADA average retail for an '03 is $6580, low retail is $5000.

Figure a few hundred more than that is full retail for your bike, and the extras are worth a couple hundred. I would estimate that a dealer would ask about $7500 and get about $7000 for your bike. You would probably get about $500 less.

If you are patient and there is a high demand in your area, you could probably get close to $7000. If you get over $7k, you should be VERY happy.

Oh, one more thing. Details about the 2005 are going to hurt you, so you want to get this done quickly... if you wait, people will hold out for the '05 instead of buying a used '04 for that close to the price of a new bike.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I am going to ask $7500, it only has 600 miles on it, and just recived a dealership tune up (people love to see the dealer worked on it). If I get anything above 7k I will be happy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts