Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
I suggest not riding with a plate thats easy to read or remember if you do stunts or anything if you dont then get what you want

·
Registered
531 Posts
It sounds like a good idea but I recommend not to do it.

You never know if you piss someone off they're more chance remembering a presonalised plate & if they see your bike in a carpark or something they could knock it over or do something to it.

For example if some redneck cuts you off & you give them a mouthful or worse the could find your bike & do damage to it.

Also it'd be easier for cops to remember.

Just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
The fewer things about your bike for cops to catch and remember, the better.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think I will stick with my random plate. Much cheaper too! :moon

·
Registered
293 Posts
if you still really want a personal plate make up something creative with numbers or a combo of numbers and letters that will be hard to read fast.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Although at 158mph, any plate will be tuff to read. :tongue

·
Registered
100 Posts
If it was me I'd go for the smallest plate possable that way at speed its hard to read

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
get the pivot kit! that way you can reach back and turn it up before you tell someone to bugger off and then speed away and then once in the clear, put it back down!

·
Registered
9 Posts
:jump :jump haha ( IH84NRS ) ( ID8HORS ) :moon :moon :boob :boob

·
Registered
283 Posts
In Australia personalised plates are expensive. Just letters. But you can get some good combos of letters and numbers. I changed my black on yellow VBV 98 to a much cooler AR 06 White on black. Any rider will connect the A R6 or R6 (phonetically) as the plate says and idiots that want to find your bike later wouldn't likely pick up on the plate. I tried for YZF 06 first and YZF 03 but some other lucky '03' R6 riders must already have these.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
et the pivot kit! that way you can reach back and turn it up before you tell someone to bugger off and then speed away and then once in the clear, put it back down!
Had a homemade pivot kit on mine, then I just took the whole thing off

:roll:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts