Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad told me that they tow your bike and F it all up and junk in some cases. What have you guys heard as far as cops go, and what happens?

-Solace

·
Registered
524 Posts
Only been pulled over on a bike once. Lady cop and she was really cool. It was my first bike, I was young and stupid. I had expired tags, no insurance, and no motorcycle license. She told me she was suppossed to tow my bike. She gave me a warning and let me go. :cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got pulled over for reckless driving plus they said I was evading but we all know if a bike is evading then a cop car isn't going to catch it. Anyway, I had 4 cops with their guns pointed at me yelling. They impound my bike and put me in jail for 18 hours. I go to pick up my bike the next day and notice that those bastards dropped it. Naturally the towing company is not liable for impounds so now I am SOL. Luckily it's not too bad, engine cover is scratched, clutch lever and bar end both have a little metal missing.

This was my second time getting pulled over, the one thing I've learned is that cops hate "crotch rockets".

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
damn what a story, i glad they didn't shoot at you

r6 is fast, but not fast enough to dodge a bullet/s
They won't shoot at you unless you shoot at them first. But, we're still not fast enough to outrun a radio. And when they catch you, they WILL kick your ass if they can make sure the camera isn't rolling on you.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
blueyamR6-04 said:
... This was my second time getting pulled over, the one thing I've learned is that cops hate "crotch rockets".
:werd If you were on a Hog they would have said "Nice bike, I've always wanted one, blah blah blah".. I hate when cops give special treatment... :cuss

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Oh, I forgot to add my story... lol.
About 5 years ago, I was at a bike night here in Dallas. I took off at the end of the pack, and pulled a sweet wheelie. Well, the cops happened to pull out right behind me, and I didn't notice them.
Needless to say, they pulled me over and began to give me a rash of crap about the way I was riding. It just so happened, the bike I bought had been stolen in Florida, and had a salvage title. When they ran my plate it came up as still stolen. I had temp plates from the dealer on top of the real plate. They told me this was illegal, and they ripped my temp dealer plate off, and tore it up in little pieces, then put it on my seat and told me to throw it away. All this while, I am standing there freezing my balls off while they sit in the warm ass car. It took about an hour before they let me go with a ticket for "improper start from a stopped position"

I told them I wasn't in a stopped position.. that was a 2nd gear wheelie. They gave me a ticket anyway and finally let me go with illegal plates on the bike.
Cops can be pricks even when you cooperate, but some can be cool also. Just make sure you check your attitude and it will go alot smoother.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
me and a buddy of mine got pulled over for rippin over a bridge and through intersection and then doin a pair of phat stoppies at the next light. needless to say the cop was a little pissed but was really cool about the whole deal. he told us we had nice bikes and he didn't want to see them and especially us splattered across the windshield of some old lady who can't tell if the light is red or green. So he let us go.

Most coppers are pretty cool if you don't throw em no attitude and just cooperate. MOST of the time they only pull you over if your being a COMPLETE jack ass cuz, around here anyways, they know that rockets will run and they really don't feel like chasin you over a $30 ticket....

·
Registered
524 Posts
TexasR6 said:
They won't shoot at you unless you shoot at them first.
Not correct. If the cops perceive you as a threat to society, they can shoot you to prevent your escape.

A couple of years back some guys beat up another guy pretty bad and ran him over with their car (the victim survived). The cops caught up with them and they ran. After a lengthy car chase the cops finally threw out some spike strips and took out their tires. The suspects jumped out of their car and took off running and the cops shot 'em as they ran. It was like three guys and they all were killed. Pretty ruthless, but a lesson to do what the cops say when they have their guns pointed at you.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Your chances of being shot while running from the cops on your bike are next to nothing.

My experience:

Tollway crising along

Cherries pop up behind me

Illinois State Trooper

Pull over

Cop takes my license

"Is there any reason you were going 115 mph in a 55 mph zone?"

"I didnt realize"

Cop goes back to his car runs my license

*on loudspeaker* "Can you straighten your license plate out"

(It was bent up folded in half so I could blow through the tollbooths and not pay)

Comes back to the bike

"If I see you doing this again Im taking you to jail and impounding your bike"

I ride off into the sunset......

I got lucky, I guess

:twisted:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think I may have confused a few people, so I'll clarify. I had already pulled over and gotten off of my bike when 3 cop cars pulled up and all of the officers came out with guns drawn. I don't think they had any intentions of shooting but rather using them as an intimidation tactic.

Just as drhodes said, if I was on a Harley there would have been no problems at all. Damn vehicular profiling.

Ride safe guys

·
Registered
289 Posts
i posted this in another thread...

Well i was out riding this weekend, went out with a friend and his friend from work. well this one strip along the beach in quincy, wallaston beach, my friend's friend was popping wheelies up and down the strip (dumb ass). and sure enough someone called the cops. well on the way back to my friends house we turned off the strip, they were well ahead of me. i turned off and there was a cop behind me, i didn't see him. came to a stop sign, i slowed and didn't stop, rolled through it and then came the blues, oh ****! my friends took off when they saw the cop, i pulled over.
he gave me a lecture on how we were screwing around on the strip and someone called him down there, and i ran the stop sign. i told him that i was not doin anything wrong on the strip (i wasn't) and that i did run the stop sign, i also told him that i didn't knowhe other two guys on the bikes, that i was just on my way to my friends house around the corner. well thankgod he gave me a wanrning and went on my way.

from the storiesive heard from my friends, cops are usually dick heads to us riders. well this guy was stearn, but fair i guess and let me off. there are some cops out there that are not assholes. he could have given me a ticket which i was sure he was going too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Been pulled over three once I was riding with my boys with no plate. I figured what the hell are the chances of getting caught. Sure enough we are cruising down a busy block with my brother driving his car behind us. Brother said he saw the cop make a U-turn so he was going to follow us anyway but me not having a plate made it worse. They get around my brother no lights no siren they pulled along side of me and cut me off anf try to pull the key out the ignition. They ask for my paper work of course I have none cause I left my title at home. Gave the cop a story about going to bring it to the shop to get a tuneup and they let me go. It also helps to ride with someone who is a cop as well. lol

Second time on the highway in the fast lane friends get over and get off the exit before I can realize it. So i have to go to the next exit and double back. I get on the highway and imediately start going in and out of traffic at about 90. exit is coming in about a half mile so I slow down and get behind a car. Cop car comes flying past me and slams on the brakes as he passes me. So I imediately pull over but he cant pull over. I see him pull over on the shoulder up ahead> i get back on the highway and pull up next to him. Show him my paperwork. "Riding out of class" he says "but you one hell of a good rider Just slow down" I go on my merry way.

Got pulled over another time cause of my brother 1 HEADLIGHT R6. He draws the attention of the cop he gets behind cherries come on. I was like dammit I didnt do anything. Says License plate was in the wrong place (Its On the swing arm hanging off the side) Checks everyones info then has a private chat with me. say he can give me plenty of tickets but will let me go. I put on my helmet and put away.

Cop once pulled me over and asked me to do a Wheelie for him during a marijuana parade. Is that a setup or what?

My 2 cents just be respectful and kind and you may be able to get over

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
PrettyR6 said:
Cop once pulled me over and asked me to do a Wheelie for him during a marijuana parade. Is that a setup or what?
hahaha thats funny...a marijuana parade huh?? :pimp

·
Registered
953 Posts
no tickets yet, not even pulled over. although every cop i pass flips a bitch and follows me. one followed me all the way to work (like 15 miles) and stopped when i parked, probably running my plate number. if i get one ticket my insurence goes through the roof and i can say good bye to riding a bike.

·
Registered
54 Posts
bike week, last nite, myrtle beach 2003, traffic was SEVERLY F*$&#&@#) ING SLOW from stop light to stop light, so in my infinite wisdom, and that of the other poor F#&^$#'S who got pulled over with me, :cheers we were passing between the cars from light to light, cops got about 4 of us. $123.00 later, and I had just made a cool $100.00 earlier that week by sitting thru a time share demo. damn, $23.00 in the hole instead of $100.00. guess i learned a lesson. :cheers

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
yay i can tell some stories :)

anyways i got pulled over a bunch on the r6 i always was polite...

one time i first got my bike and i was going pretty fast weiving in and out of cars and stuff going home, i notice a gold crown vick trying to keep up with me and i said haha and went faster and lost him, i was on some back roads right around the block from my house i ran a stop sign to take some twisties at a good speed, i pull up to another stop sign and stop i hear sirens and look behind me and i see the crown vick, oh god im fucked i was thinking. i didnt think that was a copper, anyways he gets out the car and asks me what i was thinking, he said i had to be doing at least 80mph in that 45 and i ran the stop sign. i said yes sir i understand, looking upset cause i thought i was going to jail i didnt have my motorcycle licence at the time, he asked if i had a licence and i said its at my house and i pointed to it cause i was like 50 ft away from it, and he asked if the bike was new, i said yes sir, he said you know i can just start writing tickets now, i said yes sir, he said but i appreciate a man that admits when hes wrong shook my hand and left, wow that was crazy!

another time i poped a wheelie up on a 4 lane highway and i was riding that thing forever when i put it down theres a cop right behind me, **** i thought i pulled over the cop got out the car smiling, he said what are you doing? i said being dumb, and he said obviously, gave him my licence etc.. he went to his car and wrote me a ticket he said, i gave you a break hears a careless driving ticket instead of a reckless, i said thank you sir and i told him i did it for some girls he said pussy gets you in trouble all the time and we went our ways. later i found out from a friend that that cop that pulled me over wants a bike can you belive that? he was also eating at a local restaurant and seen me go by on one wheel, left all his food there just to pull me over, i must have been riding that wheelie forever if he had time to get out of his seat and come after me and be behind me when i put the wheel down, geeze...

me and my friend was riding on some back streets and i was going a little over because i was trying to catch up with my friend and the cop was coming towards us and i didnt realize it, he turned around and we pulled over i didnt know i was going that fast i told him i didnt have my licence on me at the time and he just gave me a 5$ ticket for not having my licence on me.

one time i was on my way home and traffic was backed up so i was riding on the shoulder going pretty fast passed some cars then got back in traffic, i guess i passed a state trooper while i was passing all the cars and didnt realize it when i got back on i pulled a wheelie put it down and then woop woop lights and sirens.. this time i wasn't so lucky he got out the car screaming put your hands on the bike! he put cuffs on me right there, all the cars i passed seen me i felt like a idoit. like 4 more troopers come up. it turns out the cop was on his way to court and he didnt have his camera on. so another trooper took me to jail and i sat there for 8 hours... the cop that arrested me came and took me out of the holding cell and talked to me fucking prick thought i was racing another bike on the highway i told him i was by myself and thats dumb, he also thought the wheelie was cool and he tried turning his camera on so he could get me on it but too bad for him he didnt asshole! he ended up giving me 4 damn tickets which im fighting in court now, 1.) reckless driving 2.) riding on 1 wheel 3.) 96 in a 65 4.) weaving through detour signs. i got my bike out of impound the next day for $150, nothing was wrong with the bike physically that i haven t already done... that was dumb on my part i admit that,

what you going to do when they come for you...

i probally have the worst stores :twisted:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
OCboy03R6 said:
he was also eating at a local restaurant and seen me go by on one wheel, left all his food there just to pull me over, i must have been riding that wheelie forever if he had time to get out of his seat and come after me and be behind me when i put the wheel down, geeze...
i like that one :hammer :hammer

·
Registered
953 Posts
running a stop sign and riding on the shoulder... dude you are going to get yourself killed! but they do make good stories.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts