Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
either chrome polish or mothers wheel cleaner does well or you can cheat and use windex

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought some Mothers Billet polish last night, that shit works good. Don't know if it works three times as good as normal Mother's, it costs three times as much.

But my midpipe looks like a mirror. :hammer

·
Registered
586 Posts
I use it on my can for the most part. I'm lucky, a buddy of mine brought his over and left it, but I know its spendy. Thats why I use neverdull on the rest of the stuff. :cheers

·
Registered
244 Posts
Here is a pic of my bike....completely hand polished no chrome... check out the pic and then I will tell you what I use to maintain it. It looks so good in person that when I went on a charity ride a "harley rider" asked me if I could polish his stuff since chrome was getting too expensive...

I use Blue Magic metal polish cream..... Mothers is too abrasive once you polish the metal. Great for the routine upkeep and maintainence. By the way, the frame, sub frame, rear sets, rims (lips only) forks, and levers are polished. Took forever, but totally worth it. I have other pics and close ups if you are interested in seeing them. Also, if you would like detailed instructions on how to polish and get a show result let me know and I will send you an email on how to do it.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks great. But all I'm polishing or actually just cleaning up a bit is my midpipe and levers.

As much as I ride I would spend way too much time trying to keep that up.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
z31maniac said:
Looks great. But all I'm polishing or actually just cleaning up a bit is my midpipe and levers.

As much as I ride I would spend way too much time trying to keep that up.
now imagine if you had polished frame, swingarm, wheels, rear sets etc... takes the whole fun out of riding, huh?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Actually it's not very difficult maintaining the polish... I hit it up about once a month or right before I show it. The only thing that is hard to keep up are the rims and I am going to get them chromed with the red chrome in the middle so they will be easier to keep up. So to dispell any myths about polish, I only hit them with the Blue Magic once a month.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well besides track day up in Phoenix last weekend... I drive to and from work every day except if its raining, plus every weekend (weather permitting) I go out with a group of people so since the bike was completed I have only put about 6k on it.. it was done last October.... but I couldnt ride for awhile due to shoulder surgery... I have only had this bike in paticular since June and I have put a total of 9k on it since I have had it. So perhaps I dont ride as much as you, but being in the Army it is kinda hard to ride sometimes with my schedule as hectic as it is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts