Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
passion 4 bikes
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv got my eye on some new sidi boots...can anyone tell me what the difference is between Sidi Vortice Air Boots and sidi vortice boots.or has any of you guys got them,what do yous think of them.they are both the same price £299 over here in the uk.

·
Registered
324 Posts
All Sidi boots with the designation "air" have perforated leather to allow additional airflow to air cool the user's feet. Their intended use is in hotter climates

·
passion 4 bikes
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right got ya....heres me thinking it had something to do with being lighter or had a pump in which you can inflate to tighting the boot up round your foot.thanks for clearing that up :toocool:

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
http://www.motonation.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=417&idcategory=4 click the image and you can see the perforations. If you are in a cool/cold climate, ya may want to consider the sidi that are NOT the "air" version. I have multiple pair of sidi boots, love em. But on a COLD day, ya really notice the air movin through. Same with perforated leathers. Living in Florida, they all have to be perforated, but on those 50F morning sessions? i have to put an under suite "wind stopper" on under the leathers to not freeze. I don't wear my air boots on cold days, but they are nice. Keep in mind RAIN!! your socks will get soaked pretty fast if you are riding with these boots in the rain. been there.

·
passion 4 bikes
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MELK-MAN its always cold and wet in the uk,the weathers sh*t :lmao...think I`ll be going for the Sidi Vortice not the air.love to have the weather you have in the states!!!

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
MELK-MAN its always cold and wet in the uk,the weathers sh*t :lmao...think I`ll be going for the Sidi Vortice not the air.love to have the weather you have in the states!!!
Depends on the state. Some of them fcuking suck.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
yup. good choice considering. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts