Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there all you fellow R6'ers

I bought my 2003 Yamaha YZFR6 on friday the 13th. Two weeks or so later I have over 1400 miles on it. I love my bike!! Today I just put a new DandD slip-on on it. Sounds Great!! Have yet to be able to ride it and test it out because of Bill (I hate rain) Well I just wanted to say hello to everyone, and I will be checking the forums daily.

What are some good mods for our bikes that are on the inexpensive side?
:piss

·
Registered
494 Posts
I don't have a bike yet. :-/ But!! I'm hoping to pick up the last '03 blue R6 at the dealership in the next couple weeks. They've only sold 2 others this year, a black/flame and a silver. If I get the blue one it will be kinda neat to have all 3 color choices in the county.
I live in a little town, btw. hehe Thus only 2 new R6's sold this year. haha
Anyways, I gotta get back to the tv. :mrgreen:

Alden

·
Registered
831 Posts
YZFR62K3 said:
What are some good mods for our bikes that are on the inexpensive side?
:piss
License plate kit.
This is an easy doit yourself job. All you need is a good set of rear blinkers (about $25) and a L bracket and bolts from Lowes. Let me know if you need pictures.

Flush mounts on the front = $25

The cheapest way to go faster is take the MSF saftey course and then take a few track day schools. A full exhaust and PCIII will run about a 1000 to 1300 bucks. Spend the same amount at a school and you will be way faster than a nOOb with a full exhaust and PCIII! :moon

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
A lot of times the dealer that you bought the bike from will hook you up with a discount on parts (turnsignals, etc.)

GET A HELMET

·
Hola Amigos!
1,955 Posts
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.