Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well heres the story, I bought my R6 about 4 weeks ago. I got the silver/flamed R6 thinking not to many people would have that color where im at. I was wrong. Of all places for someone to have one, i am leaving work one day, hadnt road my bike to work yet, and what do i see sitting there THE SAME BIKE AS MINE!!!. Which is awesome but i like to not have the same look as everone elses stuff. So this bike is stock and i have just a rear fender elimantor kit on mine, so im like ok mine is a little different. well this week i come out and he has flush mounts upfront and a elimator in the back. So im like damnit, im going to ride mine to work tomorrow for the first time. So i went and picked my bike up from the shop. Was having the first service done to it at 810 miles.! anyways so i ended up riding it to work the next morning. parked it not thinking anything was going to happen. well it end up getting really hot out and my bike was parked out side for around 9 hours when one of the ladies from work comes in and tells me my bike is laying on its side. Man the thoughts that go threw your head. I was hoping someone pushed it or hit it cause we have cameras in the lot. Well that wasnt the case. My kickstand sunk into the pavement and it fell over. bent lever/scratch mirror/signal, my helmat was on the helmat holder left side so it got smashed under the bike, it came out with just a few scratches but it left a crease mark in my rear tail, and up by my head light a nice deep scratch.
I learned my lesson though next time i will bring something to put under it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
As for seeing your bike all over town you are going to have to get used to it or pay for a paint job becuase all the stock paint jobs are all over. It has something to do with having the best motorcycle on the planet! Once again sorry to hear about the parking lot follies.

·
Registered
963 Posts
yeah, the pavement melting incident happened to a friend of mine, so now I carry a kickstand plate in my trunk. I got mine for free, but you can just make one out of sturdy wood.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
man thats shittttt....but thanks for reminding me to make me alittle kickstand plate before it gets too hot here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New guy to the board so saying hello and you should be glad that wasn't in Texas....LOL Bike would have sank and fell over before you got into the building. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
409 Posts
sucks man i feel for you my little cousin knocked mine over the first night I got it

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sorry to hear about the mishap.

I agree with the other guys though.....if your helmet took a hard hit, I'd invest in a new one.

You can never be too safe.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hey sorry to hear about the mishap bro...the same thing almost happened to me once...but i saw it sinking before it was too late. You can make a plate yourself or buy one, or you can do like a couple of buddies of mine and just use a smashed pepsi can!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts