Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey hows it going. my name's josh. im looking to pick up an r6 this weekend hopefully and im looking for someone in the atlanta area that knows a whole lot more about bikes then i do to help me out with it.

i had a trans am, but someone vandalized it and they did enough damage to total it out. it was pretty quick, it kept up with a gixxer 750 and have that on video tape too. but yeah, im just looking to learn as much as possible. also, what gear is good to buy online. i was looking at newenough.com and their prices seem pretty good. im not familiar with the level of protection that a leather suit provides though.

ps. please dont flame me for getting an r6 as my first bike heh. i also dont want to mod it or anything. the bike im looking at is stock.

·
Registered
953 Posts
josh6544 said:
hey hows it going. my name's josh. im looking to pick up an r6 this weekend hopefully and im looking for someone in the atlanta area that knows a whole lot more about bikes then i do to help me out with it.

i had a trans am, but someone vandalized it and they did enough damage to total it out. it was pretty quick, it kept up with a gixxer 750 and have that on video tape too. but yeah, im just looking to learn as much as possible. also, what gear is good to buy online. i was looking at newenough.com and their prices seem pretty good. im not familiar with the level of protection that a leather suit provides though.

ps. please dont flame me for getting an r6 as my first bike heh. i also dont want to mod it or anything. the bike im looking at is stock.
congradulations. you will enjoy it. R6 is a great ride and my first bike was a R6 too. :cheers

post that vid of your char beating that gixxer i'd like to see it sounds like an awesome car. although, hey has anyone seen a gixxer win anything? :throwup

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
id love to post it, but right now my main desktop computer has crashed. i hope i can recover my 20+gigs of racing videos and other things, but hopefully i will have it fixed by monday.

·
Registered
222 Posts
josh6544 said:
i had a trans am, but someone vandalized it and they did enough damage to total it out. it was pretty quick, it kept up with a gixxer 750 and have that on video tape too.
A trans am beating a GSXR 750?... who was riding the Gixxer, Stevie Wonder?!!?!

I'm callin' you out... you gotta post that video now :twisted:

oh yeah, and welcome to the board! :cheers

·
Registered
103 Posts
Im kinda in the same boat Josh, Im lookin to buy an R6 soon too as my first bike. What year was your Trans Am? I have an '86 and its pretty quick too but never tried racing a bike. Here's a pic:

It runs only mid 13's for now with the temporary engine.

·
Registered
712 Posts
That musta been one quick trans am to beat a 750 gixxer, although gixxers aren't exactly my pick for best bike, but we need to see that vid. Welcome to the board and the r6 family. AS long as you ride smart and ride safe, you'll do fine with an r6. You could be a dumbass like my neighbor and start out with an r1...a 2004 r1. :cuss

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok i got the video from my friend. now i need a host...

my t/a was a 99 ls1. it was recently vandalized so bad that it was totalled out. :( im going to replace it with a bike since insurance on another t/a is now 5000 per year :poke

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok guys, ill try to upload the video when i get back from looking at the bike. i wish i had someone to go with me that knew a lot more about bikes then i do. i know they have 2 wheels, and go fast. thats about it. but yeah, i formatted and it sucked. i lost 2 years worth of racing videos, bunch of 'other' videos, and all my games. but, i did get a dvd burner yesterday so i burned scarface, the matrix revoluions, and pirates of the carribean. ill upload when i get back. im either going to buy the bike, or not buy it. no thinking about it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i bought a 2000 R6 red/white. damn its freaking fast. i havent had it past 45 yet, still scared. but its got mods. i dont know what they are, but its got them. it definately has a pipe, like a vinci or something? i dont know, ill take pics tomorrow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts