Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought i should check in with you guys being as i'm a new guy and all. My name is Sam about a week ago i bought my 2004 Rapid Red R6 ( i know the screen name didn't give it way). I wanted the team yamaha blue R6, but i did some thinking and talked myself out of it for a few reasons. Blue seems to be the popular color and i'm kind of a different guy so i went with the red. Plus i think it looks awesome. Although you can't get an R6 in an ugly color. I've been lusting after the R6 for a few years now and i finally decided to pull the trigger and buy one. Unfortunately the bike payment will cut into the funding for my 1969 Mustang Mach 1 project, but that car is being built very delibretly and carefully so i have plenty of time. What else. I'm a full time student and i work almost full time as an automotive technician. My bike has about 200 miles on it and i'm trying to decide if a 500 mile round trip to Long Beach, CA is a good call. Any opinions on that are welcome. It's been nice meeting you guys and i hope to learn a lot from this site.

·
Registered
586 Posts
nice to meet you Sam, welcome aboard. pretty new myself. 500miles-wow thats a long way. good luck if you decide to do it. My wrist would crack off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, 250 each way is a long way. how well does this bike work as a mile eater? i guess i'll find out this weekend

·
Registered
586 Posts
"mile eater" not sure how fast you should go during your break-in period (wink wink) but 142/hour is my best. so far

·
Registered
995 Posts
yo welcome mate. i say go for the ride it would be the perfect length to run in your bike, by the time you get back she will be ready for her first service, so u'll have got the two worst things about biking sorted in one weekend

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
make sure though that you vary your rpm's though during the trip (ie, change gears at the same speed and stuff and change speeds at well) cuz you don't want to keep a constant engine speed during breakin.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
change your oil before you go on the trip.....and as for the 6 eatin up miles mine has eatin up 4500 of them in a little under 2 months.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts