Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow...this past week in Minnesota I know of 3 crashs that result in death.

This kid that graduate from my school in 2002 was on a yellow cbr600rr die thrusday morning. He was flying down on one of the most conguested frontage road I've seen in Minnesota. People said he was doing about 90mph before he drilled a Ford F-150. Spectators also said that the Ford pulled out with a good distance from the sportbike, but the speed of the sportbike came up so fast that there wasn't much neither party could've done to prevent the crash. The 20 year old rider smashed into the F-150 broke the Ford's axal, smash his shoulder on the windshield piller and then his head shatter on the windshield. I buddy of his told me he died about a hour later. Not to mention the rider wasn't wearing anygear, but I really doubt the impact of the collision with gear or no gear could've saved his life.

Another kid riding a CBR600RR was racing a porsche. He came flying around a turn, lost control of his bike and went of a cliff. Thats all I know.

Another rider that went down on a Gixxer 1000 on the freeway doing about 150. KNOW nothing more of this story.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
its just part of ridin, it will never end unfortunatly. we all take this risk every time we get on our bike. so everyone be as careful as possible while still enjoyin yourself

·
Registered
953 Posts
it is an endless pattern... you get the bike and you wonder how someone could 'be so crazy' and shit. then about 6 months down the road little by little you start riding fast all the way instead of some of it. then you start passing the car in front of you before the ramp instead of just waiting behind; pulling out in front of cars closer then normal, etc. same thing when kids get their first car. but car accidents are easier to live through.

·
Registered
953 Posts
it is an endless pattern... you get the bike and you wonder how someone could 'be so crazy' and shit. then about 6 months down the road little by little you start riding fast all the way instead of some of it. then you start passing the car in front of you before the ramp instead of just waiting behind; pulling out in front of cars closer then normal, etc. same thing when kids get their first car. but car accidents are easier to live through.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
mcKittn said:
OCboy03R6 said:
people dont like us :cuss
Seriously... Couldn't say it better myself!
People not liking up doesn't make people go 90 down congested streets......People not liking us only account for probably a small number of the deaths we hear about and to be quite honest I don't think a lot of those people are out to kill us.....Riding like idiot ass holes and doing stupid shit are what lead to the majority of deaths.....

SPEED KILLS......

·
Registered
31 Posts
Unforntunatly for all of us who ride most people in cars dont watch out or see us. It is up to US as riders to do our part to ride safe. Try to rider with your limits and use GREAT judgement. Remember, companies spend millions each year making thier protection gear better and better. All that testing is done for a reason, to save lives when the unfortunate happens. Wear your gear!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
When you ride your taking risks no matter what. And its up the the rider, what amount of risk they want to take.

Also, if it wasnt so easy to get motorcycle licenses (in America) then you wouldn't have these younger (mind and body) riders getting on a bike and hurting/kiling themselves. I only say this because I got my license in Florida using the MSF course, and I graduated it a the top of 25 people who took it. Then when I went to Tokyo to get my license, I straight up failed 4 times before I got my license... its that hard to get one over there. It takes hours and hours of pratice on 750cc bikes with trained bike cops before they even let you drive on the streets.

Shouganai~

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I have to agree with Rsixxer. Yes, people need to look out for us, but (I apologize in advance if I offend anyone) these people who are in accidents because they are riding 150mph are just asking to die. When they are riding in traffic, weaving in and out, cutting off cars, racing on busy roads, it's their own fault most of the time.

When we go to bike night, there are only about 7 or 8 of us that will ride together. We sit there and watch the other 300 people go ahead because they do stupid shit like that.
We ride to enjoy riding, but not to extremes on the street.

I'm sorry to hear about anyone dying, and no one deserves it, but that's what happens to stupid people.

Of course I'm excluding the people who weren't doing anything wrong when they got in the accident.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Also, remember this guys, bikers aren't the only ones dying out there. Something like 40% of deaths are caused by traffic accidents. Doesn't matter if you're in a car or on a bike. Our roads are dangeroous. Life is dangerous.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Code said:
Doesn't matter if you're in a car or on a bike. Our roads are dangeroous. Life is dangerous.
No, people are dangerous.

·
Registered
46 Posts
MY BAD!!I quoted the wrong post...

There seems to be a pattern. Save it for the track.

that was what i was agreeing with.. all the way

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
mcKittn said:
MY BAD!!I quoted the wrong post...

There seems to be a pattern. Save it for the track.

that was what i was agreeing with.. all the way
It's OK kitty cat.....we all forgive you :hammer

·
Registered
712 Posts
You know i have to strongly agree with old school and rsixxer and the others who say save it for the track....

The people i ride with are just like the one's TexasR6 was mentioning. We ride to enjoy the ride, not to race down streets at speeds upwards of 100mph, not to pop wheelies in downtown traffic, we ride to simply enjoy the ride.

People who ride like that (the ones in the story) are asking for trouble, and it's people like that we always end up hurt...granted we all take risks. Riding is not safe, but all we cand do is keep an eye out...whether it be asshole cagers, or gravel on the road in a twistie.

Everyone be safe, enjoy the ride, and keep it rubber side down.

- Kevin :usa

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I consider riding a sportbike a "sport". It's means is not to be abused by idiotic stunt and flying down the street at 100mph. You have to respect yourself, and you mechine to keep both rubber on the pavement.

·
Registered
304 Posts
hey madchild (or anyone else in minnesota) they had a special on sport bikes on one of the news channels last night....did ya see it? it had two bozo's on there defending doing in traffic stunts etc. i m all for stunts but i find parking lots for the shit or deserted two lanes at least. of course the news has to put a spin on this topic to get its ratings and didnt explain that not all of us or like that so im sure we all will be on the receiving end of that one when it comes to the general public and the police :cuss

·
Registered
886 Posts
in the last month i would say we had like three deaths and like 8 crashed but came out okay here in the angel crest canyons ..; sometimes you just gunning it through too fast and didnt know the place that good others welll cagers going out to wide and taking out bikers and some newbees thinking they could ride hard in the canyons and only been riding for a month or so ..all i could say is be safe and know the place your riding if you dont take it slow familiarize yourself then turn it up a notch and take it from there ..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts