Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I am just curious on how much miles you got on your speedo and how long (years, months, days) it took to reach that miles?

I have a 2003 Blue R6 (with black mid fairing taken from the silver R6) bought May 2003. I started riding my bike full time on August and i have 4,300 miles (in 3 months). I am due for my oil change.

:eek:t
Is it worth it doing your own oil change? or should i pay the extra $37.50 for the labor at the dealsership? They said total for parts (oil, filter etc.) would be $30+.

Mike

·
Registered
494 Posts
Got my 03 the end of July and have between 6200-6300 miles. It's been raining the last week so I haen't been on it at all. :(

Alden

·
Registered
504 Posts
1700 miles and counting...

'03 R6 (Black w/ red flames), bought it 9-10-03 and have been riding all I can (even when it's below freezing b/c of wind-chill).

-Solace

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
2000 miles. bought it July 1 of this year. Was tuff to find time to ride when I first got it as I would have looked a bit strange riding to work in khakis and a button down. Be riding alot since I've been unemployed but that's gonna end soon because of the weather (pretty much has already).......

·
Registered
836 Posts
I bought my '03 new in April.

Fucked up my back in June and could barely walk for two months. Feeling better now, and have got 3900 miles so far.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Got it in March 2003 with 3900

Now it has 12,500

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought my 03 in the end of may and late august I had 4,300, then i crashed it. my 02 now has 434 miles on it.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Keep pilin' all those mileage everyone, it is just too bad that the winter chill & rain are coming soon :(

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
You back tire should be warmed up after about half of it is smoked away from a burnout at 30 degrees, your front tire.........good luck.

Bought my 03 in april, have like 8650miles now. Sucks, i haven't rode for shit since classes started up again :cuss That's about two months+ without any good riding! Damn Damn

1 - 20 of 47 Posts