Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys use to clean your rims, with the chain lube and the brake dust and what-not.

because...

DAMN

·
Registered
829 Posts
A little elbow grease and Honda Polish.....Don't let your wheel get that dirty. That is the easist way for me. I try and clean my bike at least once a week....yea right, that shit never happens! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Castrol Superclean i believe. It's engine degreaser in a purple bottle, and i buy it by the gallon. Works like magic. I spray it on all my metals before washing let it sit for a minute, then wash away.

Then use honda plastic cleaner/polish (same stuff as plexus but cheaper) :mrgreen:

·
Registered
836 Posts
I use the Honda Polish as well. That stuff is incredible. I need to find a place locally that will give me a case discount on it.

I can't wash my vehicles with water, cause where I live the water is harder than hell and leaves spots.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Check at honda car dealerships. They usually carry the cleaner and car shops use alot more quantity so they carry more inventory. In most cases they will shoot you a deal anyways on bulk if they are a nice dealer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
WD40 to clean
Carnauba paste wax to protect and make it easier next time...

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just bought myself a steam dream machine. I'm not sure if you guys have these?

http://www.danozdirect.com.au/?cid=72||&number=STEAM&variation=&aitem=13&mitem=95

It uses high pressure steam. I'll have to keep it away from my plastics but this thing should work wonders on the Swingarm, chain, brakes & Wheels.
I got it for $100 Au.
I'll let you know how well it works.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I sthis you modeling for the site????

Just kidding.

-DJ1298

·
Registered
113 Posts
I second the WD40. Just spray some on a paper towel and the stuff comes right off. Don't even need to rub hard. Also leaves I nice shine. I use it to clean the entire swing arm and both wheels.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
another thing that works good is brake cleaner. doesnt harm any part of your bike and the fluid evaporates quickly after cleaning leaving no spots.

BLING BLING BABY :mrgreen:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Will that wd40 work even on crome rims. What about my polished frame and swimg arm. will it screw that up if it gets on it?

·
Banned
197 Posts
i spray wd40 on a rag and wipe the wheels down, grease dirt and everything comes off. i also use that to get the hard to take out dirt and other stuff on the undertail. i had my chain lubed and it got all over my wheels undertail and everything, i used wd40 and it all wiped right off. everything else was futile.

·
R6 Pilot
783 Posts
i spray wd40 on a rag and wipe the wheels down, grease dirt and everything comes off. i also use that to get the hard to take out dirt and other stuff on the undertail. i had my chain lubed and it got all over my wheels undertail and everything, i used wd40 and it all wiped right off. everything else was futile.
werd. WD40 :YEA

·
Banned
197 Posts
werd. WD40 :YEA[/QUOTEt

try it, makes cleaning wheels easy. just dont spray it at the wheel, wd40 is not good for the chain, so spray it on a rag then wipe and wallah, clean shiny wheels. i oughta make my own bottle using similar chemicals and call it wheel bling. whatcha think. anyone wanna partner up on this idea. you fund it i sale it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
any citrus cleaner will be perfect and DAWN if you want to use water.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts