Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it appears I have a bit of an anger problem and I will never try to manually change my tire again. But while doing so I violently beat my rim with a 5lb deadblow hammer. How bad you think this is? It’s still symmetrical lol, should I just buy a new one? Yes I know I’m an idiot get over it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
If you're really worried there's probably a reputable rim repair shop in your area. Ask one of the tire shops who they use.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
The lip having dented inward, could have a minor impact on sidewall stiffness for that area. But there's enough sidewall on that tire to probably make it undetectable. In my case, the tire was super-low profile and the flare was outward. The difference was progressively noticeable as the tire heated up at 80+ MPH speeds. After wheel removal I could see the barrel was dented also though. It's also possible that the tire sidewall may have taken damage. (down the street from hardware store, very large rock gravel left in roadway)

If you're really worried there's probably a reputable rim repair shop in your area. Ask one of the tire shops who they use.
I dropped a car wheel off at https://www.wheeldoctorohio.com/ last week.

@Mh_Sucio - If you can't find one locally, give them a call to confirm that they except mail-in items. But yeah, likely fine. Only consider that option if you notice any vibration or/and balance issue(s).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts