Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys been playing about with my bike the other day n i can just get the front wheel up now... i think my techniques a lil wrong... is it normal to rev the 08s to about 12k b4 the wheel comes up? i rev it n slip the clutch.

NE info would be appreciated boyz.

·
Registered
320 Posts
bump, id also like to here what some guys with 08s are doing.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
our real powerband doesnt hit until 10k+

When i bounce it, i am get up to 10k, let off, and then wide open, comes up easy as pie.

When i clutch it i will do so about 10k and rev it dump it. Not sure how high it gets, i only rev it for a split second and let er loose.

edit* its not an 08 but pretty damn close

·
Doing whooolees on my 08
133 Posts
I practice every night in a alley-way/parking lot...I have noticed that it Only gets up when u roll at 6K and rev it until it gets past 8.5k...Dump the clutch and gas it up...

Little by Little it will come up...
Practice in a controlled area though and watch out for the 12`s....

Chris

·
Registered
320 Posts
after doing some reading and watched a you tube video, i went and tryed it and powered it up tryed at like 8500 and it wanted to but didnt, tryed at 10500 and it came right up, didnt ride it out or nothing but it felt good for the first time. once i find a good safe parking lot to practice in ill do some more then hopefully attempt the clutch ups. but yeah bout 10k let off and rip the throttle again itll power right up.

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
after doing some reading and watched a you tube video, i went and tryed it and powered it up tryed at like 8500 and it wanted to but didnt, tryed at 10500 and it came right up, didnt ride it out or nothing but it felt good for the first time. once i find a good safe parking lot to practice in ill do some more then hopefully attempt the clutch ups. but yeah bout 10k let off and rip the throttle again itll power right up.
wait till you put yr sprocket conversion on... itll cme up at 8 i bet. lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the conversion on my 08 and yeah it does come up at 8

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
32 Posts
I dont hate it! The front will come up before 8. But around 7-8 is easier and smoother. I only tried that when i first put it on to see what the difference was so my numbers could be a bit off but not by much. I noticed a big difference after changing both sprockets. Esp first is more consistent and smooth as you twist the wrist rather than waiting for the power to kick in, you get there noticeably faster.

·
Registered
320 Posts
When i clutch it i will do so about 10k and rev it dump it. Not sure how high it gets, i only rev it for a split second and let er loose.

is this in first or second your clutching it up? at a 10k clutch up is it going to come right over on me?

·
Registered
124 Posts
when your clutching it up in first do you open the throttle wide open? ive tried clutching it up in first going around 35, 40 and it lifts up but then comes right back down, im afraid if i open the throttle up all the way before i disengage the clutch ill loop it lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ive a VERY beginner at stunting, so far im just clutching in first gear and riding it out until redline.

I get to about 10k then just blip the clutch and give it some gas, It comes right up damn near to the balance point (for me anyway) and im able to just ride it out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
my 08 comes up just cracking the gas to the stop and not laying on the tank, I never have to back off and crack it wide open. Just lay into it and about 10,000 it will stand straight up. Most of my wheelies I go in 3rd at about 7,000 which is about 45 to 50 give it a quick slip of the clutch and a little timing to give a tug on the bars and stand it up to 12 and keep a nice steady throttle and never go over 65 and put it down when you are tired of riding it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts