Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i might have the wheelie down and i ordered a new sprocket (15 tooth). How do you position for a wheelie? Then the dreaded endo, how do you get ready for that all together?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
wheelie:

second gear

45-60mph

squeeze the tank with your knees

make sure you are nice and stable

pull in the clutch quickly

whack open the throttle quickly and let loose the clutch...quickly

when it comes up (it will come up fast) let off th throttle A LITTLE BIT

as you get better try "dancing" with it to keep it up.

endo
25-40 mph

lock your elbows

pull in the clutch

squeeze the break

lean forward

apply pressure smoothly but firmly and quickly

the back end will start to feel light

squeeze it more and the rear wheel will lift

as soon as the rear wheel lifts off the ground you can let off the break just a little

if you let off too much though, it will drop

DON'T DO ENDOS!!!

(That's how I crashed)

:cuss

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
penfold said:
Ya, Jas is good at doing 1 o'clock stoppies!
it was more lik 12:45

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ya as far as the stoppies go.....bout 25mph......clutch in.....grab the front brake PROGRESSIVELY...but quickly...ya wanna give teh front end time to compress before you bring in the heavy braking. Just start slow and do slow stoppies then move up. Id post oneof me up here but I have no way of linking it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
As far as that second gear wheelie goes.. IS THAT WITH A STOCK R6?? MAN WHAT THE HELL IS MY PROBLEM.. i cant get my bike up in second gear and everybody on this site makes it sound so easy..
IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO A SITTING SECOND GEAR WHEELIE ON A STOCK 04' R6..

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
i've found that when i do stoppies i push down on the front end as i pull in the brake, it's just like a wheelie in that there is a balance point and the sooner you get to that point the more you can mess with the brake to keep your ass end up in the air.....i can roll them out for about 30-40 ft this way.....you just have to mess around with them and see what works best for you.....i ALWAYS check my brakes a couple of times before i throw the back end up....and as for wheelies.....2nd gear, throttle in and a nice big WHACK to the throttle right before you let the clutch out.....

there's wheelie threads all over this forum so check them out.....

·
Registered
850 Posts
r6toby said:
As far as that second gear wheelie goes.. IS THAT WITH A STOCK R6?? MAN WHAT THE HELL IS MY PROBLEM.. i cant get my bike up in second gear and everybody on this site makes it sound so easy..
IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO A SITTING SECOND GEAR WHEELIE ON A STOCK 04' R6..
Short answer, Yes.

·
Registered
108 Posts
personally i don't see the point in doing stoppies, i only wheelie when i'm really hammering it through the gears and it comes up on me, but i have no problems getting mine up in 1st, 2nd, and actually got it up in third one day just goofing off.

I'd much rather drag a knee or elbow than wheelie or indo

·
Registered
20 Posts
personally I don't clutch, I mostly just bounce it up except 12, up but if you're trying to do stand up's it pretty easy. 3rd gear front peg about 70-75ish anbounce and give it gas. it depends on what year it is though my 00 would bearly come up in second but the 03 will come up in 4th so de gentle with it

·
Registered
322 Posts
ive been tryin a stand-up in second (w/o clutch) and can't seem to get the timing right...i got 1st down pat, just gotta keep it there lol...im not gonna try third until i get second down (04 6)

·
Registered
322 Posts
oh i know, thats part of the reason i haven't tried wheelies unitl now (a year after i got bike) i also don't try that many times consecutivly (3-5) the way i see it if it doesn't want to come up im not gonna force it, i just wish it were easier lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts