Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
I am no wheelie king, never done one. But if you all of a sudden put this on your bike and just snap it up, what is preventing that wheelie bar from snapping instantly and you come over hard on your head?

-Ant.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you go gradually I guess, I just find it interesting that if ever you give to much, you don't really have to worry that youll flip the bike and damage it /yourself...

I saw this device or a version of it in wheelie schools to ?? so for 100$ less than the course you get this....

·
B4B
6,864 Posts
If you want to learn wheelies that bad I don't see how it would be a bad thing. Just be sure to practice in a closed area. Take it one step at a time as well. Let us know what you do.

·
clutch it up
475 Posts
Well im not really sold on it, i think most trouble people have with wheeling is that they cant actually pop the front off the ground (bad clutch up technique, kissing the speedometer, or just being a vag about it) id kinda like to try one though.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have seen these before even thought of making one myself. SOunds good from preventing you from looping it, but whats going to stop you from falling sideways?

·
Registered
9 Posts
would you buy this device? if so why or why not?

http://wheelieteach.com/

thanks
This device, i cannot say anything negative, only positives. Its a two minute install on your own bike and it guards you against twisting and looping over. Highly recommended for those who really want to get better without the fear. The inventor is a real cool dude, considering selling this in a society of ambulance chasers!

This article is great for those who have done some power wheelies and now ready to do clutch wheelies, preferably with this device:

http://www.wikihow.com/Perform-Clutch-Wheelies-on-a-Motorcycle

The thoroughbreds we ride today, there is this antidote to popping a few wheelies without losing nuts, at a cost we spend in useless "things" on our bikes. I wish there was one such device for my horse!

·
Registered
90 Posts
lmao

·
U.S. Marine
1,099 Posts
That is the coolest little gadget I have seen all month (August).

·
High Five!
1,026 Posts
Doesn't seem to bad really because I'm a vag about my wheelies I think.

·
Atom Smasher
862 Posts
I saw this device or a version of it in wheelie schools to ?? so for 100$ less than the course you get this....
Why not spend the extra $100 and take the course?

it's less then the price of replacing your fork seals and stearing head bearing.
Plus it would probably be a fun way to spend a few hours

·
Registered
18 Posts
Reviving an old thread but has anyone bought or tried one of this yet? I'm very interested but I'm thinking of fabbing up one on my own.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Reviving an old thread but has anyone bought or tried one of this yet? I'm very interested but I'm thinking of fabbing up one on my own.
I bought one of these a while ago. Still have it in my garage and only used it a couple of times so far. It does work as designed from what I can tell from the limited use I have with it. The only complaint I have with it is how noisy the wheels are. It sounds like your towing a shopping cart with your bike. I was pretty stoked when I saw on their website that they had designed new quieter wheels. Then I saw that they would run me an additional $75 on top of the $300ish I spent originally!:eek5

I plan on getting some good use out of it once the weather here in Florida cools down a bit. I don't really care to ride in full gear with temps in the 90's. But when the temps do finally drop, I'll load the bike in the back of my truck and practice with it in some industrial parking lot somewhere.

·
B4B
12,775 Posts
I bought one of these a while ago. Still have it in my garage and only used it a couple of times so far. It does work as designed from what I can tell from the limited use I have with it. The only complaint I have with it is how noisy the wheels are. It sounds like your towing a shopping cart with your bike. I was pretty stoked when I saw on their website that they had designed new quieter wheels. Then I saw that they would run me an additional $75 on top of the $300ish I spent originally!:eek5

I plan on getting some good use out of it once the weather here in Florida cools down a bit. I don't really care to ride in full gear with temps in the 90's. But when the temps do finally drop, I'll load the bike in the back of my truck and practice with it in some industrial parking lot somewhere.
sweet, keep us updated....:fact

·
Registered
333 Posts
lmfao

·
Stunt Rider
7,981 Posts
I wouldn't buy this item. I'd much rather spend the $300 on a new gearing setup and go +20 or something.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts