Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
pat = god
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my '06 R6 for three weeks now and am getting a good feel with pulling the front up in 1st. it's up for a few seconds before the rev limiter hits. I had a 250 enduro that I changed gears while it was up but never tried it on a sportbike. how do people get the bike up in higher gears, keep in mind the bike is stock. thanks.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
You need a flux capacitor set to 1.21 gigawatts.
Anything either side of that and the front wont lift.
hmmm i had mine set at 1.20gigs....no wonder the front won't come up:dunce:

·
pat = god
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get a feel for the power band on your bike.. Get into the power band pull in the clutch rev it up and dump it.. Thats my 2 cents..
yep, there's room for more in 2nd the couple times I tried, I wanted to hear it can be done. plus the power band will be changing when I go with a 520 kit.

·
One Cheek On The Seat!
858 Posts
Are you doing power-wheelies? Power-wheelies in first will definitely hit the rev lim quick, especially if you're not finding that balance point. I can power it up in 2nd...and even 3rd (stand-ups compressing the shocks and standing on the rear peg). Otherwise if you're looking to shift, I clutch up in 2nd until i find that sweet spot then w/o using the clutch slip it into 3rd...then 4th...

but if this is your first streetbike then take it slow. I definitely didn't start doing that within the first three weeks...

·
pat = god
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you doing power-wheelies? Power-wheelies in first will definitely hit the rev lim quick, especially if you're not finding that balance point. I can power it up in 2nd...and even 3rd (stand-ups compressing the shocks and standing on the rear peg). Otherwise if you're looking to shift, I clutch up in 2nd until i find that sweet spot then w/o using the clutch slip it into 3rd...then 4th...

but if this is your first streetbike then take it slow. I definitely didn't start doing that within the first three weeks...

before anything I need to feel the balance point, I'm not there yet. I did power wheelies at first but now slip the clutch. I did pull the wheel off a few inches in 2nd but again, I need to stay in 1st and get the balance point and pull the bike up consistently.

·
Registered
17 Posts
how much are the flux capacitors?...and where exactly do i fit them?...do they go into the throttle body?...or is it an engine mod?

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
I can clutch first up until the gear runs out, bounce or clutch up second until that gear runs out, and also bounce up 3rd on the highway with no clutch. If you want some rpm to mph advice on how to do it let me know.

06 r6 completely stock except hotbodies megaphone slip on

·
pat = god
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm holding 1st up pretty good now, just running out of rpm. I've clutched the bike up in 2nd but not much, starting out conservative. I haven't tried changing gears while up but that is next.

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
in 2nd i'm between 45-50 mph and close to 9k. I bounce it up with no clutch and it holds really good but the gear runs out quickly. I don't clutch second up much so i'm not sure of the rpm's and mph.

in 3rd i'm at 75 mph and near 10k. Simple bounce and it comes up and i can ride it out forever staying around 90 mph.

·
Registered
17 Posts
guys,

something ive never done is pull a wheelie..always been too frightened of dropping ma bike!!...i can ride well...have plenty of confidence...can drag knee etc etc...

would it be foolish of me to try pulling the front up on my bike....or is it feasible that this skill could be easily learnt on my bike....if so what is the esiest method to get started?

regards

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,535 Posts
how much are the flux capacitors?...and where exactly do i fit them?...do they go into the throttle body?...or is it an engine mod?
Bro I know you are new...but please for the love of god tell me you are joking...:roll

1 - 20 of 29 Posts