Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at what rpm range do you guys usually start slipping the clutch at? no speeding off or anything just simple startin to ride, for example after stoppin at a red light and you need to start riding to turn left?

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
at what rpm range do you guys usually start slipping the clutch at? no speeding off or anything just simple startin to ride, for example after stoppin at a red light and you need to start riding to turn left?
2500 to 3000 is what i usually do.

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
Okay... Here's the deal with leaving at a stoplight.

First things first. Go to a parking lot before you start driving on the road. (OR go to a VERY LOW traffic neighbor hood)

WITHOUT turning the throttle AT ALL. Let that clutch out REALLY SLOWLY. Let your body (mostly your fingers) feel where the clutch starts to catch, and pull the bike forward. When that starts to happen. Pull the clutch back in. SERIOUSLY do this like 30 to 50 times, and figure out EXACTLY where your clutch catches at.
After you figure that out then you're ready to move on. This time... Let your clutch out until it starts to catch. THEN start to turn your throttle slowly and pull away. Move about 15 to 20 feet or so, then stop. Do this over and over until you get the hang of it.

You will learn that it's not where you "slip the clutch" at, it's more like, where do you start to apply the throttle.

If you are not a begginer rider, do not take my post as an insult. I am only trying to help out, and i am telling you (and others) what to do, starting from the VERY BASICS.

let us know how it goes.

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
Okay... Here's the deal with leaving at a stoplight.

First things first. Go to a parking lot before you start driving on the road. (OR go to a VERY LOW traffic neighbor hood)

WITHOUT turning the throttle AT ALL. Let that clutch out REALLY SLOWLY. Let your body (mostly your fingers) feel where the clutch starts to catch, and pull the bike forward. When that starts to happen. Pull the clutch back in. SERIOUSLY do this like 30 to 50 times, and figure out EXACTLY where your clutch catches at.
After you figure that out then you're ready to move on. This time... Let your clutch out until it starts to catch. THEN start to turn your throttle slowly and pull away. Move about 15 to 20 feet or so, then stop. Do this over and over until you get the hang of it.

You will learn that it's not where you "slip the clutch" at, it's more like, where do you start to apply the throttle.

If you are not a begginer rider, do not take my post as an insult. I am only trying to help out, and i am telling you (and others) what to do, starting from the VERY BASICS.

let us know how it goes.
Good post. The rider never said he had problems with taking off. He just wanted to get a concensus of what RPM people take off @.

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
Right, but I let the bike do the work for me without winding it out you know?.

And I know 2 grand isn't winding it out... I'm just saying.

Not trying to pick either

1 - 7 of 7 Posts