Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I let go of clutch it dies? Put it in gear it dies?

ive fixed tons of dirt bikes and atvs but sport bikes with all the sensors and crap are very new to me. Anyways i have this 06 R6 That fires up just fine while in neutral and the kick stand up and the clutch in however as soon as i let the clutch go (mind you still in neutral) it just dies. I can see two wires coming off the clutch perch but they are hooked up and working just fine. Anyone have any ideas for me or where to start?

EDIT: I looked where most kickstand sensors are and mine does not have one, does anyone know where the wire goes to so i can just short the two leads together to make sure thats it?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks patheon

i could see that being the cause if it was in gear but being that its in neutral would that make a diff?? I guess I could do it for kicks but anyone else have any other suggestions that may help as well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also I had to replace the neutral switch which works now. Also as soon as I put it into first with the clutch in it will die as well?? I looked down where the kick stand switch usually is and I cannot see one??? can someone please post a pic of the kick stand switch for a 06 R6 not the R6S

Attachments

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
I don't know for the 06, but I know a lot of times people can't find the kickstand switch because its often covered in sprayed, gunky, gooey remnants of chain-lube. Perhaps yours is caked as well?? Just a thought.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i pulled up the microfiche up online and it looks just like the sensors on all my other bikes so by this pic mines definately missing. Can someone tell me where the sensor branches off from so i can try to find it? otherwise I wonder if i can find the wire from the ecu and ground it?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts