Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you refering to the bike at like 10k all the way thru redline? I noticed that at the light other bikes pull on me until I hit a certain RPM and then mine catches right up. Only problem is for street riding its not so good. What RPM do you guys ussuall cruise in and what gear? The lack of low end is really really noticable on this bike (07) and then it feels almost like vtec on a honda at 6k and up. I did notice that at 10k it gets so LOUD that im scared to push it farther cause i am scared it will break somthing..

·
Redline.......White Light
751 Posts
Your head is RIGHT next to the intake. It will be loud. Go to some dyno sheets and look at them for like a 600rr vs an r6. the rr goes at a 45 degree angle all the way up. The r6 is below than blows by at about 9k.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the R6 motor is designed to be reved and kept at about 10k and up whole time to gain good power? What bike has the most low end...for street riding?

·
Resident JMU Wizard
1,218 Posts
So the R6 motor is designed to be reved and kept at about 10k and up whole time to gain good power? What bike has the most low end...for street riding?
No 600 has good street torque. That is a luxury for the literbikes, maybe the Gixxer 750. Just keep the 6 above 6k crusing around and you'll be OK. It doesn't take long to hit 9-10k from there.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it bad to drive around like that on the 6? Maybe even in a smaller gear? I dont wanna break the motor u know..or put to much load on it for no reason..

·
Ur mom doesnt fit on back
247 Posts
r6 thrives in the high rpms and is built for being pushed up there.

the R6S will make the curve more linear. Still an R6 but a better street bike

·
Registered
29 Posts
i hover right around 6k gear depends on speed limit.. then if i need some serious power a quick down shift and im out :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I notice that when i punch the bike, like onto the highway...it just tears it up. I have my shift light set to 10k and thats pretty much how much i push it cause it gets SOOOOo loud...

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
my bike gets very upset at me if im below her power band:fact

·
Registered
322 Posts
maybe you should of went with a 250 then. i mean you paid for the 130+ hp and your only useing 60hp its kind of a waist. im not saying go stop light ot stop like and red line it every time. just go have fun on the bike and be safe. and as far as you hurting the motor there is a reason for the rev limiter meaning that motor is not "designed" to go past it. im not tring to be a dick just giving you another opinion..

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am fine wiht a 600 thanks...i dont have a license and am only on a permit so when i ride on a "safe" road with a lot of poeple i know that have licenses, I do redline it...i am talking more of just street ridinging...and where to keep the revs at to get a little more power down low. The problem with the power being so high is that i cant use it on the street unless i wanna go 100mph...

·
Laugh. Love. Learn. Live.
657 Posts
Yea man, even if you're shifting at 10k (which is reasonable if you don't want a ticket) that doesn't mean your shift light should be set that low, the shift light is used when shifting through gears fast...

Set your shift light up for how you ride when you're really pushing it, not for how you ride when you're just cruisin'. At the absolute lowest, I'd say... 14-15 'cause if you're not getting that high on the tach, you know when to shift.

About the noise: IT'S A SUPERSPORT, DUDE. IT'S LOUD WHEN YOU PUSH IT. But def don't ride above your skill level. Ride how you want to.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"But def don't ride above your skill level. Ride how you want to"

This is exactly how i have been riding the bike...I am so careful and i dont really punch it unless im on a road i know and straight. I dont really lean to much cause im scared to drop the bike and fall. I mean i give gas and do get the revs high but i have yet to do that in 3rd gear..have not found a road for that...i pretty much punch 1st to like 10k and shift fast to second and take that to like 14k and shift to third 4rth 5th and 6th and cruise it..I wish we had roads here that are open u know..

·
B4B
12,775 Posts
I am fine wiht a 600 thanks...i dont have a license and am only on a permit so when i ride on a "safe" road with a lot of poeple i know that have licenses, I do redline it...i am talking more of just street ridinging...and where to keep the revs at to get a little more power down low. The problem with the power being so high is that i cant use it on the street unless i wanna go 100mph...
OH sorry misunderstood what u were saying well the thing i would recommend to give u what u r wanting would be to drop a tooth on the front sprocket.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Whats the cost plus labor on that? I know cars..but bikes im starting to know..just havent had that balls to mess with mine...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts