Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
My R6 completes me
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new set of rear galfer pads for my R6, my old pads were also galfer and are worn but I don't know if they are ready to be replaced because galfer doesn't put an indicator on their rear pads. I just don't want to swap them out if there is still life in them so if anyone knows how much material the rear pads should have before needing to be changed please let me know, I don't have calipers so Standard measurements please, thank you

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
if you ever need to change your rear pads, you're using your rear brakes way too much.

i would remove them and compare to the new ones to see if i could figure out how much more life is in them. prolly not a bad idea to clean up the caliper while you're in there, too...

s3aturnr

·
My R6 completes me
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya mine are stock and have 50k + miles on them so I figured they are due already bought the new ones so think I'm just gonna throw them on, thx all

·
RIP Our Friend
3,128 Posts
I removed my wheels today for new tire mounting for my '06 R6 and always inspect my pads front and rear. The rear pads are still stock and I've just barely bedded them in. The surface hardly glazed with 9K miles on the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts