Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen people posting up bieks that they got for 8500 brand spankin new from dealer. All dealers around me ahve told me 10K for the 08 r6 and 7800-8500 for a used 07....where are people finding these crazy steals?

·
Is my R6 cool like Phils?
297 Posts
there is no way you are going to get an 08 for $8500! just not going to happen until the fall when they are trying to get rid of them and that may be pushing it...:swordfigh

for the 07's do you have multiple dealers in your area? just haggle with them! or tell them you saw a good deal and want them to match it...

or do what i did and buy a used 07 for $6500 - had couple scratches but i got them painted for $50 and it had exhaust and some other goodies... besides can get away with taxes!! :secret

·
my R6 ate a bus
1,010 Posts

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Every dealer pays the same for their bikes, they dont want to give up the profit margin. I sell cars for a living. Just work them and you will get a good deal.

·
297 Posts
ahem...:secret http://www.troycitygarage.com/street_bikes.htm

$8599 + freight and prep fees
exactly! + TTL + any dealer crap and you are looking at almost $10,000

oh yeah and FINANCE charges unless he is going to pay right out... gunna be MUCH more than $10,000

but if his question was primarily to get the price to $8500 then yes found it otherwise OTD (what i was meaning) no way

EBAY is going to be the same way with all ttl and other dealer crap + delivery...

keep looking and you may find one... GL

·
297 Posts
Shopped around and bought my 08 R6 Raven for $9160 OTD, tax, title, registration everything...

well then...:dunce:

good deal and congrats.... did you buy it right out or finance?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Financed 8k...

I really found this price in one day... Called up the first dealer, asked for bottom dollar out the door, told them I was serious in buying it in a week or so. Then bounced from one dealer to the next. Talked to 6 or 7 dealers, told them the prices I was getting from the other ones and to see if they could beat it. I went from $10,100, $9851, $9500, $9210, $9160....

Call around locally and do the same, you'll be amazed how fast that price drops when you tell them that you've called "so and so" at "their location", everytime I called a new place they came up with a new price!

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
313 Posts
To clarify some things. To be a Yamaha dealer you MUST carry both bikes and atvs. Some areas have no reason to stock bikes becuase they dont sell. They must have so many per year to stay a dealer. Those dealers will give you an awesome price on a new bike but sometimes the price will change throughout the year due to aquisition costs to the dealer. Areas heavy in bike sales are doubtful to give you a great price. Your best bet is buy a last year leftover or buy out of your area as mentioned. Romney (sp?) WV has deals if your on East Coast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts