Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I roll with Wanderlei
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, like the title says I'm looking for a complete set frame sliders. I've gone to Cycle Gear and they said they couldn't find any. I also went on Amazon and I couldn't find any.

I wouldn't be surprised if I could find some on this site. Can someone help me with names of sites, or even possible links? And I'm also looking for quality frame sliders. This is all for an 09 R6.

Thanks in advance.

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
Shogun
Graves
Lockhart phillips

Check out Motosport.com
hardracing.com
motomummy.com

And let me throw this out there, I have Woodcraft CUT style sliders on my bike, Went down at the track at 100mph and picked my bike up and rode away....Sliders did thier job...Take that as you will...

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
KR Tuned makes them too.... I believe Shogun does as well. Capitol Yamaha usually has a set there that are no cut

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
T-Rex FTW. I have everything they sell for my bike.

·
I roll with Wanderlei
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why don't sport bikes come with frame sliders stock? I don't get it. Is there a drawback to having frame sliders? Do they decrease the structural integrity of the bike in anyway?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I would definately go with the woodcrafts.
just avoid the hollowed out ones, after doing some research i found most people say the hollowed out ones do not perform as well in a laydown.

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
EvoTech frame sliders are awesome! Instead of having just a piece of metal or plastic to slide on, it has a metal part and then a solid plastic puck that screws on the end so if you wreck you dont have to replace an entire slider, just the $20 plastic puck on the end. theyre kind of a pain in the ass to find, but i got mine for $80 from a local dealer, but this price isnt to bad either...

http://www.starcycle-usa.com/servlet/the-56145/06-dsh-09-06-07-08/Detail

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
As long as you stick with the name brands you can't go wrong. I wouldn't try and over think frame sliders. Shogun are probably the best valued sliders you'll find as they make them for many other brands so they really really mass produce them and get prices down. Just make sure you don't get fancy and go with metal pucks as they don't protect very well. Metal isn't very good at absorbing energy.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Why don't sport bikes come with frame sliders stock? I don't get it. Is there a drawback to having frame sliders? Do they decrease the structural integrity of the bike in anyway?
Cause if they came stock... how would it be ossible for people to make money off people like us buying them!

Ever notice how a lot of parts are disgusting looking (exhaust, rear space ship thing, front turn signals) yes its for legal safety reasons as well. But mainly to get more $$$ out of us haha:popcorn:

·
Registered
779 Posts

·
I roll with Wanderlei
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
t-Rex makes some. Graves also makes no cuts.

Search Google for "R6 no cut sliders"

Shogun:
https://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=17452&cat=364&page=1

T-Rex:
http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=162
I'm looking at the Shogun sliders and I have a question. For $72, am I getting two frame sliders, or all four for front/back? If I'm only getting two, can I just buy two sets (are front and rear frame sliders interchangeable)?

I guess my questions go for any link you guys have posted. I just want to know if any of the links take me to a complete set of frame sliders (front/back) and if front and back frame sliders are interchanageble.

Thanks.

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
I'm looking at the Shogun sliders and I have a question. For $72, am I getting two frame sliders, or all four for front/back? If I'm only getting two, can I just buy two sets (are front and rear frame sliders interchangeable)?

I guess my questions go for any link you guys have posted. I just want to know if any of the links take me to a complete set of frame sliders (front/back) and if front and back frame sliders are interchanageble.

Thanks.
most frame sliders are only for a pair. are you talking about swingarm spools too? if so, just buy those on your own. they are cheap and can be found anywhere.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts