Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive googled search, searched ebay. what are some good websites that have rims for the 08 r6? are the rims different year to year? im looking to spice the bike up with a small amount of chrome. rims and maybe the swing arm. whats everyones opinions. im knew to the bike thing so any helpful websites would be highly appreciated. thanks guys.

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
Personally I am not much for chrome, but you could pick up a set of the 07 chrome rims that are on e-bay. I picked up a set of 07 black rims for my 08 out there, and I saw chrome one while I was looking.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was considering black powder coated but idk thought some chrome would set the bike off

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
harley shops carry lots of chrome parts lol jk..

Have you ever considered taking them to a wheel place and see if they can get them re finished in chrome?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
harley shops carry lots of chrome parts lol jk..

Have you ever considered taking them to a wheel place and see if they can get them re finished in chrome?
yea, i think ill hold off and look into that in the winter. idk many chrome shops around me though. ill prob do the rims and the swingarm

·
Go Tigers!
2,625 Posts
Best bet is to look for local chroming places in ur area and get urs done. Should be able to get a good chrome job for <500$

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i need something, i was considering getting chain guard, rear tire hugger, and the front upper panels in carbon fiber. and i wouldnt mind powder coating the rims black. idk im one that has a hard time leaving stuff alone.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm not a fan of chrome either, but anything would be an upgrade from the green/gold stock rims. Can't wait to powder coat mine black.

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
Thought about polishing the Al? A guy that lives near me polishes Al and it looks good. He has an R1 with a polished frame and wheels. He polishes wheels as his retirement hobby! Not many retired guys riding around on blinged out R1's, but he is one of them!

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
yeah, just the lip is much better idea than 2 fully chrome wheels.

i would also polish b/c you can always repolish, and make it look great again. but once chrome starts to fade or pit, you need to get it redipped. you also have to pay to get anything chromed, you can do it your self if you polish it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts