2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When going to different places where do you park your bike.... :popcorn:

I am always on the curb near the door reguardless

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
if im looking "cool" i'll park my bike on the sidewalk...or in a parking space if im riding with friends.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I park in a parking space side by side by one of my friends.

·
Premium Member
17,970 Posts
Ok, I got my new bike and I had this question. Do bikes park the same as cars or do some places have bike specific parking? Is it legal to just leave it on the sidewalk?

·
Born 2 Ride YAMAHA
788 Posts
It all depend's. If I'm around town and I know the place pretty well I'll park right by the door on the sidewalk. I once got a ticket from a dickhead meter cop because he said I was parked in the fire lane. I only got a $20 ticket but I would rather have that then my bike on it's side.

·
Registered
218 Posts
within eye range

·
Registered
541 Posts
It all depends on where I am going. I scout the parking lot out a couple time before settling into a place. I look for nice cars to park next to (knowing they dont want to scratch theirs the same as I dont want mine scratched) and NEVER near large trucks. I also park in places where it would be difficult/impossible to back a truck up to and take my shit. all depends though

·
Registered
52,013 Posts
Depends on which bike and where I'm going. Almost always within eyesight. If I'm not sure how long I'll be away, I bring a beater or the cage.

·
MITICO
437 Posts
I chain mine up either to the alternate side parking post or the guardrail on my stoop, in addition to the wheel locks that I put on it

·
i wanna go fast!
148 Posts
if you dont lock up your bike dont leave it where u cant keep an eye to it. i lost my first bike that way. 2 guys jumped out of a van and threw it inside the van. thank god for full coverage insurance now i own a r6 :YEA

·
Dual 6's
132 Posts
glad someone asked this, cause i have been wondering.... At my school, you can ONLY park in motorcycle lots [and by lots they mean little pads of concrete] Even after 4pm when most of the lots are free for anyone to park with or without a permit, they say motorcycles still cant park there.

But my school is besides the point, I was also wondering about where to park when going other places because I always felt like there were so many times in my life when I had a shitty parking spot and id walk to the place and see something that made me wish i had a bike. well i do now, but im not seeing these glorious spots, or maybe im scared i shouldnt be parking there. So im assuming its a NO-go for parking on the sidewalks? And also in hashed lines in the lots?

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am going to keep it real - I park on the side walk or in the yellow stripes because I am not gong to get my bike stolen.. Full coverage and Lojack I refuse to park in the parking lot.. That is just me..

All it takes is a few sec and they can take your bike... I am not going out like that

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
I almost always park on the sidewalk, the onlytime i dont is if a parking spot right up front is avail, then i still park strategicaly because you dont want to park in oil, which most spots are full of.

It is illegall to park on the sidewalk, thats a law i am willing to break.

·
Knee Draggin Druggie
195 Posts
If i go to Mall/dept/grocery store, I pull right up onto their entrance way and leave my bike parked about 5 feet from the front door with the bars locked in some strategic way:)

No one has ever said anything and i think it would be worth the harassment.

Just my .02

·
Registered
38 Posts
At work I open up the Bay door and pull it in then shut it behind me. At a store I pull up in the yellow lines or the motorcycle parking that is always up front in plain view of everyone.

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
If i go to Mall/dept/grocery store, I pull right up onto their entrance way and leave my bike parked about 5 feet from the front door with the bars locked in some strategic way:)

No one has ever said anything and i think it would be worth the harassment.

Just my .02
I do the same. I almost always park near the front door.

·
Grab A Gear!!!
189 Posts
sidewalk or a front parking space. or if the place has valet they usually let me park it by them. but never in the middle of the lot

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
i was told by the cops that i can park anywhere as long as i'm not 1) blocking a sidewalk 2) in a handicap spot or 3) in a fire lane other than that anywhere is fine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts