Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, some help needed here. Im about to get my ECU flashed by Bauce on here. I need to fund out where my bike was built, which edition it is etc.

It is a purpose built race bike

The engine is from a 2010 insurance write off that was put into the 2008 chasis by the previous race team that owned the bike.

How can I find out which model the engione is, ie USA, Euro or Jap as it does not match the frame / vin number.

Any help appreciated as this is the final thing I need t oconfirm before I ship my ECU off

Thanks from New Zealand

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
Check the engine number. Iirc it's on the back by the shock.
Or give that race team a call and ask

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
If you know the engine is a 2010 then what else do you need

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,253 Posts
I would think the issue would be, where the ECU is from more than the engine, and do they match.

·
I like corners.
357 Posts
I would think the issue would be, where the ECU is from more than the engine, and do they match.
If its getting flashed it won't matter. The only time it would matter is if the bike was originally was running an immobilizer setup. Even though it's keyless the wiring is a bit different. So the engine or the ECU won't matter as much as the main harness will.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It matters as ive been asked by Cheif Smoking dawg to find out if its immobiliser version/usa/ euro/japan model before he can re flash it. I have no clue and that team does not exist anymore.

thanks for all the input though guys.

so I need to check the ecu model no etc?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input so far. There is no key. There is a switch that powers up the electrics and then I hit the ignition switch on the bar. There is no imobiliser active on it at the moment. Does that mean there is no imobiliser or maybe there is, it has just been bypassed?

·
I like corners.
357 Posts
By ignition switch, I meant whatever replaced your key switch. What color are the wires going to whichever switch powers up your bike. Also try and follow them into the nearest harness so that you know there aren't an aftermarket color/wire.

Your bike not having the immobilizer won't be a dead give away where it's from though. It could very well just have a flashed ECU already.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK so the ECU has o nthe top of it 10J and then 10P stamped on it in white

then on a silver sticker -

13s- 8591A- 00
112100- 6160
12v TBDF59 then a large zero

the 2 wires that come from the electrics power on switch got to a connector block, then 2 the wires that come out of the connector block are coloured RED and the other is Brown with a Blue stripe

Does any of that help identify if its immobiliser or EU/USA etc?

thanks

·
I like corners.
357 Posts
the 2 wires that come from the electrics power on switch got to a connector block, then 2 the wires that come out of the connector block are coloured RED and the other is Brown with a Blue stripe

Does any of that help identify if its immobiliser or EU/USA etc?

thanks
I've got a CDN/Immobilizer bike and IIRC my 2 wires to the ignition switch are that color. I'll confirm tomorrow morning before I head out dirtbiking.

Pretty sure I remember reading that the US guys have more than just the 2, and they're different color. Hopefully one of them can confirm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts