Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I eat my R6
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've read different places of where the flasher relay is on the 2008 r6.... has anyone actually replaced the flasher relay box on the 2008 R6? Where is it located?

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
so i've read different places of where the flasher relay is on the 2008 r6.... has anyone actually replaced the flasher relay box on the 2008 R6? Where is it located?
I heard it was under the ECU under the seat bro. I've got an 06 and I know the mounting positions are different. But this is what I've been told. Hope it helps man! Oh and get the user manual online, you can find it and download it PDF style!:nocontrol

·
Registered
186 Posts
Changed mine. Its under the ECU under the seat. Prettey easy to get to.

·
I eat my R6
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool so all i need to do is just take the riders seat out and thats it? or do i have to take any other fairings out??

·
Registered
42 Posts
take the riders seat out, and there are (2) clips that hold the ecu unit. Move the ecu to the side and presto...you will see the flasher relay. I just replaced mine on Thursday. Works like magic for LED flush mounts. Still waiting for my integrated rear light to come in.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Good to know incase the fast blinkers ever start to bother me.

·
R6 Not just a bike
10 Posts
Alejo630
What flasher relay kit did you buy I have the fast blinking problem right now. Isn't really bothering me but I would be interested to know?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a relay made from Custom LED (ordered from tobefast.com). Part Number: CustomLED_ELFR-1. Works just fine. They have other models in case you want to control the speed of blinking.

·
I eat my R6
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought the $20 flashed relay from www.customled.com it should fix my problem of my integrated taillight, which the blinkers don't flash when I switch the turn signal on eventhough my front flush mount LEDs do blink.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts