Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious....I just got my new EZ Pass (device for tolls so you don't have to stop at the booths) for my bikes today and I'm trying to figure out where the hell to put it.

I DO NOT feel like putting that nasty velcro-tape stuff on my gas tank like I see a lot of dudes do, and I don't want it clearly visible in my windshield.

I'm not home until later tonight when I'll be able to investigate, but I'm thinking about putting it at the very lower part of my puig double bubble windshield, there it's black and says R6. I'm just worried that if I put it there, will the booth actually pick up the signal from it?

Here is my windeshield:

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
If the booth doesn't pick up the signal, they take a pic of your license plate and look it up in the system. Sooooo, my EZ pass is in my truck. Just go online and register all your vehicles. I have both bikes and both Rick's car and my truck registered on mine...:sing

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the booth doesn't pick up the signal, they take a pic of your license plate and look it up in the system. Sooooo, my EZ pass is in my truck. Just go online and register all your vehicles. I have both bikes and both Rick's car and my truck registered on mine...:sing
The only thing is, here in NYC we pay different prices for bikes and cars in most of the tolls. So I had to put them under different devices.

Anyways, the toll wont open if the device isn't with you. The woman on the phone just told me that it will signal even if it's in your bag or your jacket pockets, but that sounds like BS.

·
Registered
673 Posts
in florida they use to offer ones with suction cups so i stick it under my windshield then throw it in my backpack when im done.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Ohhhhh....yah, down here there is the fast lane that you just drive through. Mine works in my pocket too though.

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys don't have speed pass lanes? Here in IL we have lanes that cater to those that have the IPass (EZPass) so for my bike I just have it registered under my cars unit and I'm golden.
We have that too, but at the bridges you have to go to a booth and slow down to about 5 mph and when the light turns green you can go through.

So where do you put your IPass though? You just don't take it with you? We can't do that here in NYC....gotta be on you.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Yep gotta be on you in NYC.

It doesn't pick it up it through the jacket, I had a mesh and it didn't pick it up in my pocket.

I'm having the same problem so I can't help...

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep gotta be on you in NYC.

It doesn't pick it up it through the jacket, I had a mesh and it didn't pick it up in my pocket.

I'm having the same problem so I can't help...
Damn man....so when you roll around town where do you currently put it? I wanna try to stick it really low in my windshield and see what happens, but I'm hoping that the black at the bottom of it allows for it to be picked up.

I think I'm going to hit 87 going north towards the tapanzee bridge after work to test this out haha.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The only thing is, here in NYC we pay different prices for bikes and cars in most of the tolls. So I had to put them under different devices.

Anyways, the toll wont open if the device isn't with you. The woman on the phone just told me that it will signal even if it's in your bag or your jacket pockets, but that sounds like BS.
they told me the same thing, so I kept the ez pass in my pocket while crossing th GWB and it didnt signal, so now i keep it in my pocket and when i get close to the toll booth i take it out and hold it up, and that works.

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
Wheelie through the gates so they can't get a picture of your license plate.

problem solved.
:stupic
That's because there is no where in Missouri worth paying to get to.
Thats what you think :fact there are some really good roads toward the south. Some Lead to even better roads

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
they told me the same thing, so I kept the ez pass in my pocket while crossing th GWB and it didnt signal, so now i keep it in my pocket and when i get close to the toll booth i take it out and hold it up, and that works.
Yeah...damn it. I'm gonna try the windshield tonight below the area where it's black and see what happens. Keeping my fingers crossed so I don't have to stop and look like an ass while I hold up traffic.

I'd hate to have to go in my pocket all the time, because the zipper is tough to catch with gloves on. Plus I'm trying to not have too many distractions for my wife when she's riding through on her bike as well.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Are your toll passes the old school thick plastic ones or the stickers that look similar to an inspection or registration sticker? Because we used to have these plastic ones out here but they switched to these ones that are stickers with the sensor inside them. I've seen a few people with them on the top of their helmets

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Damn man....so when you roll around town where do you currently put it? I wanna try to stick it really low in my windshield and see what happens, but I'm hoping that the black at the bottom of it allows for it to be picked up.

I think I'm going to hit 87 going north towards the tapanzee bridge after work to test this out haha.
I live right by the tappan zee...That bridge does have the speed lane without the bar.. I also think the toll in Yonkers doesn't have the bars either...

I don't carry it around unless I know I will need it, in that case I'll put it in my pocket.

Not a lot of tolls here unless I'm going to NYC or cross the tappan zee.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Are your toll passes the old school thick plastic ones or the stickers that look similar to an inspection or registration sticker? Because we used to have these plastic ones out here but they switched to these ones that are stickers with the sensor inside them. I've seen a few people with them on the top of their helmets
Big white ugly box.. I'm surprised the bik ezpass isn't smaller than the car..

here:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts