Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a carbon fiber triple tree cover and speedo / tach carbon fiber cover for my 99 r6. Where is a good place to find these 2 things other than e bay. I dont trust the quality of e bay stuff like that, it looks cheap sometimes and you can really never tell. I cant see to find any shops that carry it. thanks

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
raydogg920 said:
I want to buy a carbon fiber triple tree cover and speedo / tach carbon fiber cover for my 99 r6. Where is a good place to find these 2 things other than e bay. I dont trust the quality of e bay stuff like that, it looks cheap sometimes and you can really never tell. I cant see to find any shops that carry it. thanks
raydogg, here is a link from eBay where I got mine for my 03 R6.
He has this one for 99. I think this is one of the best cover on eBay and sells it for $15.00 w/ $5 shipping. He ships from Hawaii but he'll get it to you within 4-5 days. The quality of the item is superb, it is real carbon and uses a UV protective coating. He is also a great guy you can trust on eBay. I had mine for almost a year and it still in great condition! The carbon fiber quality is really nice, looks 3D...it is the real thing!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35580&item=2470748400

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
ok, bear with me here. Why would you want to put extra parts onto your bike? I thought most people bought new parts (like a 520 convo kit to save weight, or new rearsets, carbon hugger, carbon front fender) to lighten their bikes, not to add more on. Granted I know its a small piece and probably weighs next to nothing but its the principle of it! Not trying to be a dick, just a random thought.....

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
penfold said:
ok, bear with me here. Why would you want to put extra parts onto your bike? I thought most people bought new parts (like a 520 convo kit to save weight, or new rearsets, carbon hugger, carbon front fender) to lighten their bikes, not to add more on. Granted I know its a small piece and probably weighs next to nothing but its the principle of it! Not trying to be a dick, just a random thought.....
it's for mainly looks & protection my friend. I'm no racer nor into competition so weight savings is no importance at this time. And plus the thing weighs like nothing at all and it's real carbon.

And main reason why I bought it too is I had scrapes over it from my lowside last year and that was a cheaper alternative than replacing the whole triple tree :cheers

·
Registered
76 Posts
I also bought from the same guy as Mikeeh76 and the quality is great, I recieved it in about 3 days, good ebay guy.

Some of the other ones on ebay looked kind of flat and dull.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Mikeeh76 said:
penfold said:
it's for mainly looks & protection my friend. I'm no racer nor into competition so weight savings is no importance at this time. And plus the thing weighs like nothing at all and it's real carbon.

And main reason why I bought it too is I had scrapes over it from my lowside last year and that was a cheaper alternative than replacing the whole triple tree :cheers
besides, I heard that carbon fiber bits (like stickers) add 5 extra hp EACH!!!!

**mental hp that is**

·
Registered
705 Posts
Thanks guys

Thanks to the guys who put the ebay link up so Polish kids like me can eat up others info!! I was looking to get one, and I'm a pretty big ebay, you can get everything!!, but I was doubtful about the covers I saw. Thanks again.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
jasamb said:
Mikeeh76 said:
penfold said:

besides, I heard that carbon fiber bits (like stickers) add 5 extra hp EACH!!!!

**mental hp that is**
well good that means i have five more then you HAHA i got mine cause i got tired of my extra key makin circles on the triple tree, so i got the carbon piece to atleast cover it up.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Re: Thanks guys

PolishPete said:
Thanks to the guys who put the ebay link up so Polish kids like me can eat up others info!! I was looking to get one, and I'm a pretty big ebay, you can get everything!!, but I was doubtful about the covers I saw. Thanks again.
That's why we all are here for, help and entertainment! :hammer

Where abouts in Poland are you from? A friend of mine is from Sczeczin!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Thanks

No no, I'm from the Chicago area, my parents are from Poland, but I'm Polish through and through, the blood and the heritage is in the household, it's what makes us all great!! They're from Krakow and Warsaw!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mikeeh76,
How noticable is the guy's logo he inlays? Looks like a nice part at a reasonable price.
Thanks!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know im bringing this back, but Mikeeh76 how noticatble is the guys skur logo that he paints in the corner? Does it only show up in certain light ? because im about to buy one from him this week and am nervous about it, thanks man

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
raydogg920 said:
I know im bringing this back, but Mikeeh76 how noticatble is the guys skur logo that he paints in the corner? Does it only show up in certain light ? because im about to buy one from him this week and am nervous about it, thanks man
what;s up raydogg, it's cool to bring old threads back up.
To be honest with you, I bought mine way before he started putting his logo on the carbon pieces. But his products are great quality and 100% real carbon. I am thinking maybe the logo is embedded underneath the carbon clear coating. otherwise I haven't seen it in person.
Try emailing him about your concerns regarding the logo. He is a good guy. I am guessing he wants his logo on there as a patent?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts