Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, getting ready to change the oil on my 08 R6. My dealer has Castrol part synthetic 20w-40, which the service guy recommended, for about $30/gallon. I'm looking for where there may be a better deal for the oil itself, and maybe the filter and wrench as well. But the oil is my first preference.

Can someone recommend the best place to buy oil? And then secondly, the best place to buy filters and filter wrenches?

thanks,

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
That's pretty freakin' funny.

Last time I did my oil I get 4 quarts of Spectra Platinum and got a free K&N filter from a local shop, not a bad deal.

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
Hello everyone, getting ready to change the oil on my 08 R6. My dealer has Castrol part synthetic 20w-40, which the service guy recommended, for about $30/gallon. I'm looking for where there may be a better deal for the oil itself, and maybe the filter and wrench as well. But the oil is my first preference.

Can someone recommend the best place to buy oil? And then secondly, the best place to buy filters and filter wrenches?

thanks,
we have a meijer (kinda like walmart) that sells valvoline motorcycle specific oils. just the basic stuff, tho, no synth or synth-blends. prices are decent, tho. once your bike gets over about 1500 miles, i recommend changing to full synth. my preference is amsoil (which is in NO way inexpensive), but you could also do one of a handful of other worthy synthetic oils.

as far as filters go, i would only use oem replacements, but that's just me. k&n makes a filter that's actually got a hex nut on the end to aid in removal (you should NEVER EVER install it using a wrench) and is very handy if you safety wire your stuff because the nut is pre-drilled for it.

if you go oem, you can get one of those filter wrenches that look like a giant socket. i would just take the new filter to an auto-zone and use it to size the right socket.

I checked a few sites for you...CLICK HERE
that's fcuking HILARIOUS! almost choked on my beer when i saw that... :D

s3aturnr

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Amsoil.

Contact Bob
Thanks J.

Indeed, I can sell a package with all fluids necessary and several types of filter wrenches.

Oil, oil filter, filter wrench, fork oil, brake fluid, anti-freeze and grease.

I carry AMSOIL Products for everything from Chain Saws to Semi's and all, at unbeatable prices.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
I checked a few sites for you...CLICK HERE
:lmao
Thanks J.

Indeed, I can sell a package with all fluids necessary and several types of filter wrenches.

Oil, oil filter, filter wrench, fork oil, brake fluid, anti-freeze and grease.

I carry AMSOIL Products for everything from Chain Saws to Semi's and all, at unbeatable prices.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob
First choice for me would be Amsoil, the EaO filter is a great filter. I've heard Bob is a good shit also. Other options are mobil MX4T and a Puralator filter or wix filter, which should be readily available at a auto parts store.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts