1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.. nice place you all got here. lots of good info
I'm looking to pick up an R6, '03 rather than '04 for insurance savings
However, i cannot find one anywhere.

I live in Arkansas and I have called about 12 yamaha dealerships and they all sold their last ones about 3-6 months ago. I want a new bike, and I would rather have '03 other than '04 because for one, the '04 models wont be out until january.. and the dealers aren't gonna give me any breaks on price around that time. I prefer new rather than used, because i want to break the bike in myself , i want it to be my little baby :)

any suggestions? am i screwed until january or am I looking in the wrong place? i wouldn't mind a good-shape used one with under 200 miles on it either.. but i'm out of luck there too. i don't have enough dough to buy one on ebay.. i would need to finance over 2 years. any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
check cycletrader.com sometimes the dealers will sell new bikes on there. also look in the news paper someone may be looking to get rid of one before winer. welcome to the forum :jump

·
max speed
242 Posts
I do not know if you can travel around much but the dealers near where I live just did a $1000 price drop on all remaining 2003 R6 in stock. Blue and silver are available :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
You're dealer still has blue in stock??? You're dealer still has an 03 R6???

I'm surprised. I had a hell of a time getting one of last Blue R6's in the midwest US in late april. No more blues showed up till last of june or so, and went fast from what i thought. End of july it was just plain hard finding new 6's.

If i was a dealer, i would not be dropping prices on 03 R6's until 04's would be physically in stock!

Already heard of guys cross-country shipping etc.. to get color and or just an 03 R6 in some instances.

I'd probably think about one in 20 dealers might have a brand new zero mileage 03. Could just be that i live in iowa also.

·
Registered
57 Posts
panago said:
I do not know if you can travel around much but the dealers near where I live just did a $1000 price drop on all remaining 2003 R6 in stock. Blue and silver are available :mrgreen:
thats unbelieveable! I got one of the last ones in NYS in EARLY AUGUST, out the door for 7199 plus tax...

·
Registered
527 Posts
About two months ago when I played this game I found some in Memphis and in Birmingham. GO to the Yamaha website and just call around. They are out there you just have to find them. Now the kick is to get you dealer to get one. They only get the number that they sell the year before. Show them cash and they will work wonders for you.

Blade

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tips guys... looks like i'm SOL
i called about 30 dealerships and nobody had any left. i'm not gonna go more than 400 miles to pick one up. All the people with used ones i've found with about ~200 miles on the bike are askin around $7000, just as much for a new one (this time of year if anybody had them)
Looks like i'm going to just wait for the '04 and while i'm at it.. i'll just wait until I turn 21 next year too. 8 months isn't so far off. Appreciate the info anyways

1 - 8 of 8 Posts