Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get a motorcycle painted? Frame, chrome wheels, body panels, etc...

Is it possible to get everything done for $3000 or less?

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
it all depends what kind of a paint job you want. if its something simple like a 1 stage paint job then yeah it is possible to do everthing. now if you want some candy with ghost graphics then you would have to live with out the chrome wheels. just ask local body shops for a quote on a paint job. same goes for your chrome wheels.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok

Well, I was just looking for a basic paint job, probably just a single color. No ghost graphics, no Biker Boyz paint scheme, nothing of that sort. Also, on the chrome rims...i'd suffice w/stock colored rims for a better quality paint job if one place is better than the other.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
well a single stage paint job out here in the pacific would run about $600. chrome wheels on the other hand is kinda expensive. couple sellers on ebay offer a chrome wheel exchange for around $600 plus shipping both ways. plus you would have to buy new bearings for these wheels, not sure on prices for bearings.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Me and a friend do custom stuff for bikes here in Arizona so I will tell you that for the amount you have to spend, you could easily get a good custom paint job and get your rims chromed for $3000....... However, if you want the bike chromed out, frame, subframe etc.... it would cost a bit more. Remember that chroming a frame is very expensive, cause you have to take the bike completely apart and if you have someone do it, that would cost alot for labor plus chroming costs and then pay to have the bike rebuilt. I would get a good custom paint job which would run you around $1000, and then get your rims done in a colored chrome to match the paint job. That would run about $600-800 and then have the frame, subframe, swingarm, forks, rearsets and levers polished instead of chromed and that would cost anywhere from $1200-$1500 depending on where you go. Total that up and you are right at $3000 and you would have one sic looking bike........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts